RIP Gary Rossington

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

LOUDthud

RIP Gary Rossington

Post by LOUDthud »

Gary Rossington passed away March 5. He was the last surviving member of the original Lynyrd Skynyrd. What's amazing was that in the 1977 plane crash, he broke both arms, legs, wrists, and ankles, and his pelvis, he recovered and played on stage again with steel rods in his right arm and right leg.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Rossington
martin manning

Re: RIP Gary Rossington

Post by martin manning »

A survivor in more ways than one, and he wrote some of the band's best-known songs as well. RIP.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Grand Canyon and back with four cassettes. Running on Empty, Street Life, Boston, and Pronounced.

I remember being 11 years old with an L6-S staring into the stereo trying to see all the notes.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
statorvane

Post by statorvane »

The fantastic interplay between Rossington, Collins and King has never been matched. One of my favorite bands. :(
cbass

Post by cbass »

My favorite band of all time. Most bands get lazy after they make it. Skynyrd just got better. RIP Gary
Phil_S

Post by Phil_S »

I'd say he dreamed the dream and then lived the dream. How many actually get to do that? And the band...four who where the best guitar player ever: Rossington, Collins, King, and Gaines. I'm pretty darn sure these guys could play each others' parts and no one would be the wiser. It was quite a run.
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

I remember hearing them as a small child... I thought all rock n roll was supposed to make me want to tap my foot to it like that. It was the first music that made me want to play the guitar.
"Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned" - Enzo