Incandescent light bulb ban

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

maxkracht

Re: Incandescent light bulb ban

Post by maxkracht »

I haven't looked into what a lightbulb ban means, but I assume there will be plenty of exemptions and loopholes. At the very least, I don't think incandescent appliance bulbs, or other special use types, will go away any time soon. One could make the argument that incandescents are more efficient than LED during certain months in colder climates, though probably not a popular argument in certain crowds...
johnnyreece

Post by johnnyreece »

I have a lot of light bulbs in my house. Like, over 70. I was glad when the power company first sold a bunch at really cheap prices. Most of mine are still kicking. Not that this really happens, but if one were to turn on every light in my house, with an average 60w bulb, that's 4.2kW for 70 bulbs. With my LED lights? .6kW. I noticed a big drop in my electric bill when I first switched them out.

As long as I have the 2700K, they don't irritate my eyes. Not like the fluorescent tubes in my office. If I can handle those, I can handle whatever the LEDs might throw my way.

Side bonus? I was able to print a strobe disc for my record player to be sure it was turning the right speed, using the 60Hz flash from the LED light in the room.
WhopperPlate

Post by WhopperPlate »

johnnyreece wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 3:32 pm I have a lot of light bulbs in my house. Like, over 70. I was glad when the power company first sold a bunch at really cheap prices. Most of mine are still kicking. Not that this really happens, but if one were to turn on every light in my house, with an average 60w bulb, that's 4.2kW for 70 bulbs. With my LED lights? .6kW. I noticed a big drop in my electric bill when I first switched them out.
I just walk through the house like my dad turning off lights i don’t need .
IMG_3077.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Charlie
johnnyreece

Post by johnnyreece »

WhopperPlate wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 3:03 pm
johnnyreece wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 3:32 pm I have a lot of light bulbs in my house. Like, over 70. I was glad when the power company first sold a bunch at really cheap prices. Most of mine are still kicking. Not that this really happens, but if one were to turn on every light in my house, with an average 60w bulb, that's 4.2kW for 70 bulbs. With my LED lights? .6kW. I noticed a big drop in my electric bill when I first switched them out.
I just walk through the house like my dad turning off lights i don’t need .

IMG_3077.jpeg
This reminds me of something I saw on Facebook about "The Walking Dad": He just stumbles around the house turning off lights and mumbling, "I'm not made of money."

...it's me...I'm the Walking Dad... :oops:
maxkracht

Post by maxkracht »

TLDR - It was the dollar stores' fault
WhopperPlate

Post by WhopperPlate »

Looking at LED lights reminds me of looking at the sun on a foggy day; it seems safe and fine at first …
Charlie