Well look here!

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Stevem

Well look here!

Post by Stevem »

8000 year old 1200 ft wide geoglyph in Kazakhstan Asia, 45 rpm record adapter.

Coincidence?😁
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming like the passengers in his car!😊

Cutting out a man's tongue does not mean he’s a liar, but it does show that you fear the truth he might speak about you!
cbass

Re: Well look here!

Post by cbass »

Obviously constructed using highly advanced ancient technology by elongated skull redheaded giant alien reptiles.
cdemike

Post by cdemike »

cbass wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:01 pm Obviously constructed using highly advanced ancient technology by elongated skull redheaded giant alien reptiles.
Maybe they'll be able to help out other aliens play the Voyager golden records at 33rpm.
eddiep

Post by eddiep »

:lol: funny but all jokes aside I'm a frim believer that something is out there.
sluckey

Post by sluckey »

eddiep wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:32 pm :lol: funny but all jokes aside I'm a frim believer that something is out there.
Mulder, we got another one!
angelodp

Post by angelodp »

Maybe, but they are very very far away. For all intents and purposes we may well be alone in the universe.
cbass

Post by cbass »

I'm very interested in ancient history. Ive been studying since i was a little kid. My sarcastic comment was directed more towards the Graham Hancock type hucksters that is popular right now and everyone seems to think is a genius. He's not a scientist, archeologist, geologist or anything at all really. He writes fiction. I had to get a dig at ancient alien dummys while I was at it.

I don't believe we are alone in the universe. I have a feeling we are being observed much like we humans like to watch nature. No evidence just a feeling

I also belive giants or at least a very large people existed. there's evidence to support it. If there was enough oxygen in the atmosphere to grow car sized armadillos. Then why wouldn't people be larger. I'm a foot taller amd probaly weigh twice as much than the average European man 100 years ago. Peoples sizes can change quickly over a few generations.
There were native American tribes in wich all the men were over 6 foot many of them being ove 6'4" when the average European 5'5". Theres eyewitness accounts also from the likes of Magellan. He's probably not very credible though. :roll:
Also there has been several worldwide floods and there is a ton of evidence to support that. Research the burkle crater if you're interested. The time even lines up to the "fable" in the book that everyone is to smart be bothered with anymore.
cbass

Post by cbass »

Sorry about all that. I shouldn't have brought up GH. It gets me worked up cause he's a fraud and so many people think he's the final word.
Sorry about going off topic but my mind goes a lot of different directions when I start thinking about ancient history.
here's a presentation about the burckle impact by an actual geologist.
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

angelodp wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:20 am Maybe, but they are very very far away. For all intents and purposes we may well be alone in the universe.
My basic premise is that it's almost mathematically impossible that they don't exist, and our theories and knowledge of the massiveness of space, and laws of physics mean traversing that space to even the closest areas that might have life would take multiple generations and have super high chance of failure... so yeah... agreed. Although the recent advent of the alcubierre drive's theoretical speeds would be pretty interesting, and in fact close that gap significantly.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
maxkracht

Post by maxkracht »

Not a huge fan of GH, but I read him more as a true believer than a huckster. It's easy to turn wanting something to be true into believing it is true. Plenty of that in the tube audio world... It's up to all of us to separate objective fact, possible, probable, and complete woo. His Netflix thing had all of those options, and some were pretty offensively dumb, but the idea that humans have been doing intelligent cooperative human stuff for longer than our current accepted understanding seems reasonable to me. I would recommend that show just for the footage of ancient tunnels. Watch it with the sound off if you think the nonsense will seep in...
cbass

Post by cbass »

I used to like Graham ok. Ive always believed civilization goes back a lot further than we thought and there's a lot we got wrong about ancient cultures but He just flat out lies in that Netflix series. I think he knows he's lying or he may be delusional enough to believe the nonsense he's spouting.
He is an eloquent speaker though.
cbass

Post by cbass »

I didn't mean a y disrespect if people enjoy watching a show that's fine.
Perhaps I'm the dummy and just taking entertainment way to seriously.
I still like old pro wrestling even though I know it's phony. :D
eddiep

Post by eddiep »

Well I don't know who GH is and by what I am reading don't think I want to. I want go into detail but when I was a kid I saw something in the skies twice that there is no way it was of this world. In move across the horizon in a blink of an eyeball and change direction in a instant. Well guess I did go in a little detail :D . The local news station reported it as a weather balloon.
angelodp

Post by angelodp »

Klaatu Barada Nikto - "The Day The Earth Stood Still" - long a favorite of mine (the original). It is a fanciful notion that we may well not be alone, but there is currently nothing to support a direct attempt to communicate with us. And, be careful what you wish for.....
Imagine the commotion if something alien and tangible actually made it to the public eye.
Maybe the newest telescopes will actually see something like a message in a bottle, who knows. I spent some time in Egypt and was truly amazed at what I saw it terms of technology, architecture and culture. You look at some of the things they made and wonder how, even with todays tools, such a thing could exist, but it's a wonder what millions of slaves can accomplish.
cbass

Post by cbass »

angelodp wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:28 pm Klaatu Barada Nikto - "The Day The Earth Stood Still" - long a favorite of mine (the original). It is a fanciful notion that we may well not be alone, but there is currently nothing to support a direct attempt to communicate with us. And, be careful what you wish for.....
Imagine the commotion if something alien and tangible actually made it to the public eye.
Maybe the newest telescopes will actually see something like a message in a bottle, who knows. I spent some time in Egypt and was truly amazed at what I saw it terms of technology, architecture and culture. You look at some of the things they made and wonder how, even with todays tools, such a thing could exist, but it's a wonder what millions of slaves can accomplish.
I'm jealous. I would love to go to Egypt but probably never will. I'm planning on spending a month in Peru next year. I'm really not satisfied with the current explanation of the amazing sites there. So I gotta see for myself.
While I am certain there was slave labor used in the construction of these ancient sites. I believe many of the workers would have had to been skilled and voluntarly working like they're working for God himself. I would imagine the top tier stone workers would have some kind of status in society. It seems like working stone was pretty important.
The fairly recent discovery of gobeklie tepe in turkey has really pushed back the timeline for early civilization. Only about ten percent of it has been unearthed but due to conflict in the region excavation has been halted.