Robbie Robertson

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

martin manning

Robbie Robertson

Post by martin manning »

Well shoot. Robbie Robertson has passed. RIP.
https://variety.com/2023/music/news/rob ... 235692172/
Have to give The Last Waltz a spin.
telentubes

Re: Robbie Robertson

Post by telentubes »

His songs will live on. We had Big Pink on auto repeat for weeks on our KLH turn table when it was first released. Same for albums that followed.
Guy77

Post by Guy77 »

Time is the fire that burns us unfortunately and it is sad to see another great musician gone.
The company my wife works for (White Pine Pictures) made the recent Robbie Robertson documentary "ONCE WERE BROTHERS".
They said he was great to work with.
On the other hand when they showed up late for the Scorsese interview at his New York offices for the same movie Martin made them wait in the lobby while he finished editing some movie lol. He was great when they finally sat down.

Cheers
G
Last edited by Guy77 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
angelodp

Post by angelodp »

Yes a sad passing. I worked with Robbie about 5 years ago on a doc in SM Ca. During a break I lit up an amp and guitar and played The Weight, Robbie peered out to see where the song was coming from and he gave me a broad smile. I enjoyed the time with him.
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

He had a lot of creative energy right to the end. The latest example is the score for the soon to be released Scorsese film Killers of the Flower Moon.
cbass

Post by cbass »

angelodp wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:34 am Yes a sad passing. I worked with Robbie about 5 years ago on a doc in SM Ca. During a break I lit up an amp and guitar and played The Weight, Robbie peered out to see where the song was coming from and he gave me a broad smile. I enjoyed the time with him.
What a cool story. I almost got to see the band in the early 90s. It was a small venue in Springfield MO few hundred people. I guess there was a problem with finances or something and they walked out last minute. That was a bummer