Marlboro amp

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

beezerboy

Marlboro amp

Post by beezerboy »

A friend has this Marlboro amp, I haven't seen it yet so not sure of the exact model but I think it a GBO 520B, 3 inputs... Guitar/Bass/Organ, about 30-40 watts, one 15" speaker. Pretty sure its all solid state. he's had it a while & likes it but it is now starting to fade out after it heats up (20 minutes or so). I told him I'd look at it but I'd like to have a diagram. I can't find any tech data on it. got any ideas?
WhopperPlate

Re: Marlboro amp

Post by WhopperPlate »

This is garage talk . Maybe try the appropriate forum and someone may answer appropriately
Charlie
beezerboy

Post by beezerboy »

not sure where that would be.... this is a non-tube amp. quite an orphan is seems.
Leo_Gnardo

Post by Leo_Gnardo »

There IS a solid state forum ssguitar, I've had a couple looks and it's pretty good. Some other well known gear sites also have solid state departments.

About Marlboro, I was donated one maybe 25 years ago by a fellow who graduated to owning and playing competent tube amps. Now he maintains his own small collection with knowledge he picked up from me, and later some of the youtube amp repair guys like Uncle Doug and D Lab.

That Marlboro foxed me completely, I never did get it working. Miserably cheap build, world's crappiest speaker, even the cabinet was cheap & nasty & fell apart. So it made its way into the dumpster of history. Here's hoping you have better luck with yours.
down technical blind alleys . . .