Thinking about moving south

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Shrimp boat captain or window shutters?

Shrimp boat captain
53%
Window shutters
35%
Stay home and try to out ass hole the Yankees
12%

Total votes: 17

gui_tarzan

Re: Thinking about moving south

Post by gui_tarzan »

dorrisant wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:11 am 100% from experience... I'd take 110° F in GA over 95°F in southern Indiana. Humidity is much higher and stifling. I was in Los Alamos (high desert) last July and couldn't believe how nice it was. Went back to Evansville and felt like I walked into a wet quilt when I walked to the car from inside the airport. If you don't know about the humidity in the Midwest, prepare to have your mind blown. 🤯 I have lived years in both places.
I've lived in central Michigan my whole life. The only parts I don't like are the extreme bitter cold stretches with no snow (we're in a bowl, it goes N/S/E & W of us) and the ungodly humidity in the summer. The humidity sucks the life right out of me. The kids are 2 & 5 hours away from us now, we'd like to get closer and I want to be in a large town/small city with a lot of things to do. There is nothing close to us here. But with interest rates what they are right now it's not smart for us to move.
--Jim

"He's like a new set of strings, he just needs to be stretched a bit."
cbass

Post by cbass »

Never been to Michigan . Id like to see the hreat lakes and do some small mouth fishin.
My brother and I went to a festival in Wisconsin back in the late 90s. I remember it like yesterday. There was no bbq, biscuits and gravy or grits for at least 200 miles.It was during the middle of an extreme heatwave. It had to be every bit of 89 degrees with heat index of 92. People were sweatin cheese. Even though there were cooling stations everywhere they were dropping like flies. It was like hell on earth.
cbass

Post by cbass »

You guys want to see some crappy weather look at what I have to deal with all next week

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/pomon ... st/2141227
John_P_WI

Post by John_P_WI »

Yup, Wisconsin is hell, 9 months of winter with mosquitos the size of birds during the summer. At least we have beer, lots of beer... and more beer.

I hear ya tho, time to move to where the winters are not so severe.

John
johnnyreece

Post by johnnyreece »

John_P_WI wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:25 pm Yup, Wisconsin is hell, 9 months of winter with mosquitos the size of birds during the summer. At least we have beer, lots of beer... and more beer.
And the Packers! Don't forget the Packers!

(Indiana Packer fan here. Go Pack Go!)
cbass

Post by cbass »

John_P_WI wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:25 pm Yup, Wisconsin is hell, 9 months of winter with mosquitos the size of birds during the summer. At least we have beer, lots of beer... and more beer.

I hear ya tho, time to move to where the winters are not so severe.

John
Well at least you have a sense of humor or just some thick skin. Most everyone up there was real friendly. I enjoyed the beer very much.
cbass

Post by cbass »

Life is pretty wild. Come home to find out my wife has lost her job.
Then found out the the same day that the guy I partnered up with because he had a contract for 50 kitchens. likes kids in the wrong way. So im out on that.
Shrimp boat captain is looking pretty good at this point.
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

Damn! Maybe the universe is trying to tell you to go. Sorry about that 😔
"Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned" - Enzo
cbass

Post by cbass »

Yup we are definitely out of here. My shop burnt last year and ive been so depressed couldnt get my shit together to rebuild. Then this huge opportunity comes along. I felt like myself again.
He got caught in some Sting operation red-handed. Trying to meet a 14yo .Literally an hour after signing a million dollar deal. There's a video of him getting arrested in a Walmart on Facebook.
The most disgusting part is the people in this town don't care. If they can benefit somehow they'll do business with a CM. Everyone is acting like there's something wrong with me cause I'm walking away from several hundred thousand dollars.
I was actually dumb enough to think people would shun him and I was going go in and buy him out. Shows what I know.
cbass

Post by cbass »

I'm still trying to figure out the catch on southern Alabama real estate. How is stuff in 4 hours from anywhere Missouri selling for a lot more than coastal Alabama? There has to be a catch?
I mean when we were driving around Daphne and point clear fair hope area
I was thinking how nice would it be to be able to afford a big fancy place here and just drive my golf cart everywhere. Turns out, after looking at some home prices I cam afford it.
then I can get the new vette I've always dreamed of cause I won't be 5 miles down a dirt road
Last edited by cbass on Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cbass

Post by cbass »

Sorry guys my anxiety is through the roof. I'm just trying not to lose it. Sorry to drag you guys into it.
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

cbass wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:42 pm Sorry guys my anxiety is through the roof. I'm just trying not to lose it. Sorry to drag you guys into it.
This is a good sounding board... we wouldn't comment if we didn't care.
"Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned" - Enzo
cbass

Post by cbass »

Thanks I know I'm being manic. I'm trying not to be.
TUBEDUDE

Post by TUBEDUDE »

cbass wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:17 am You guys want to see some crappy weather look at what I have to deal with all next week

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/pomon ... st/2141227
No BBQ! It was hell on earth.
Tube junkie that aspires to become a tri-state bidirectional buss driver.
cbass

Post by cbass »

You know they'll take a good piece meat up there and boil it :shock: :D