Thinking about moving south

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Shrimp boat captain or window shutters?

Shrimp boat captain
53%
Window shutters
35%
Stay home and try to out ass hole the Yankees
12%

Total votes: 17

cbass

Re: Thinking about moving south

Post by cbass »

Anyone know what Theodore AL is like? I'm seriously considering trying to get this job and just rent a place or just buy a cheaper house to get us down there untill our place can sale and close. So she can have surgery in mobile. Ive honestly never had a real job thats had benefits and such. Ive been to the dr once in my adult life. . But I think bluegrass is pretty good insurance.

https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=eb0b535777ad13ad
cbass

Post by cbass »

I used to think art Garfunkel was like 6'10" when I was a kid
cbass

Post by cbass »

I guess it's time to accept it. Isn't that the final stage of mania? I prayed a lot. I got an answer (yes I'm that crazy) we have to stay here and take care of our parent and my brother. Even though my brother is a crackhead he's sick with cancer and heart failure. Even though he could easily get disability and all kinds of assistance he's determined to be a huge burden on everyone.

I had to go over to booger County this morning. A buddy ran out of gas. He was about 12 miles away but it's a 40 min drive. It's absolutely breathtaking here. All the streams are spring fed crystal clear and the water stays 60 degrees year round. It just really is beautiful.Very much like the southern Appalachian mountains except without all the tourism. Unless you go over to Branson. I wouldn't recommend that.
TUBEDUDE

Post by TUBEDUDE »

"Even though he could easily get disability and all kinds of assistance he's determined to be a huge burden on everyone."
That would likely make me feel free to move on.
As a parent, you look out for your wife and kids. Your kids do the same for their kids. The priority is to pay it forward to assist the offspring. Paying it backwards is OK if it doesn't disrupt the former, but YMMV as only you can establish your needs/responsibilities and chart the trajectory of your life.
Whatever you decide, I'm sure you're tough enough to survive and thrive. We'll hope for the best.
Tube junkie that aspires to become a tri-state bidirectional buss driver.
cbass

Post by cbass »

Yea I don't no. The wife still really wants to move. She runs the show. My momma can afford whatever she needs as far as assisted living or help. My other brother is a hundred miles away. He can handle it. At this point I don't want to be a carpenter anymore. I want a Job with benefits and I put my 8 hours in and go home. I have no problems cleaning toilets. Sounds very easy compared to what I'm used to doing.
As long as I can get me some of that good bluegrass insurance :D. Stupid autospell

And thanks for listening to me whine
cbass

Post by cbass »

The real problem with moving is this. What am I gonna do with a 20lb panther? You can't fence her in. I guess I'll just act dumb when the neighbors ask if I've seen their tiny dog.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sluckey

Post by sluckey »

cbass wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:42 pm The real problem with moving is this. What am I gonna do with a 20lb panther?
Bring her on down to Theodore. Your redneck neighbors will fix that problem. :lol:
cbass

Post by cbass »

She's currently in control of two German Shepards that are trained to attack. Sometimes.
Rednecks? Hmm do they like guns and dogs and silverados?
cbass

Post by cbass »

Lol our GSDs are babies. Tge fat black kitty pics on them a lot. I do have a 120lb super aggressive redhead I have to do something with.
cbass

Post by cbass »

Any opinion on the Healthcare down there? Probably gonna need a good neurosurgeon and an orthopedic surgeon. We currently have to drive nearly two hours to get any decent medical care.
sluckey

Post by sluckey »

Healthcare is good. Four major hospitals. My wife just had a hip replacement last week and is already walking without any aids.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

I got a traumatic brain injury and I also don't have aids.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
cbass

Post by cbass »

Reeltarded wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:42 pm I got a traumatic brain injury and I also don't have aids.
I had an Aids joke but I'm way too classy for that kind of lowbrow humor. I really hated to hear that man I hope your doing ok. I wish I was better at cheering people up. I'm mostly a complainer.
cbass

Post by cbass »

sluckey wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:51 pm Healthcare is good. Four major hospitals. My wife just had a hip replacement last week and is already walking without any aids.
Sorry your wife had to have surgery. Glad to hear she's recovering. We're at the hip Dr right now the. We never even heard anything from the guy that did her last back surgery. That's the level of Healthcare we get around here.
Matthews Guitars

Post by Matthews Guitars »

There's not a spot on the earth that is immune to what humans call "natural disasters", which are natural events relating to geological or weather events that can kill you, except for those places where the usual prevailing conditions qualify as a natural disaster.

I've lived in Florida since '75 and over here on the east coast, it's pretty much an unbreakable rule that STRONG hurricanes never hit here. Much as I wish a Category 5+ hurricane would utterly wipe Orlando entirely off the face of the earth, and ESPECIALLY all Disney properties should be scoured down to the bedrock, it seems fated to never happen.

But be aware of Florida's political climate. See which party has the supermajority in the state legislature. Be sure you're OK with that. I am...but I won't discuss politics. Just pointing out that little factoid that may be important enough to affect your movement decisions.