Thinking about moving south

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Shrimp boat captain or window shutters?

Shrimp boat captain
53%
Window shutters
35%
Stay home and try to out ass hole the Yankees
12%

Total votes: 17

pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Re: Thinking about moving south

Post by pompeiisneaks »

Matthews Guitars wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:25 am I've lived in Florida since '75 and over here on the east coast, it's pretty much an unbreakable rule that STRONG hurricanes never hit here. Much as I wish a Category 5+ hurricane would utterly wipe Orlando entirely off the face of the earth, and ESPECIALLY all Disney properties should be scoured down to the bedrock, it seems fated to never happen.
Wow, I work for Disney and know a ton of good people that live in FL that work with me, so I do hope they don't get destroyed. Not sure I understand why anyone would wish that on anyone... maybe I'm missing some sarcasm? I definitely wouldn't like to lose my job and/or see many coworkers die or lose their job?

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
cbass

Post by cbass »

Damn. And I thought I was all salty and shit.
I'm voting for a giant comet on a collision course with Earth this election.
cbass

Post by cbass »

Damn I'm tired. I still need to trim this old house out and paint the doors just fix a bunch of pitally stuff that looks bad and haul a bunch of stuff to the scrap yard.basically a couple solid weeks of work.
I dont hardly have any tools left so i have to do everything the hard way. I just finished up a job chomo got fired from. I had to make pullouts for a pantry cabinet. I had to use a skill saw and a belt sander. I really hate painting.
Guess I'll start with the ball joints on the silverado. It's gonna rain the next couple of days and I need it be driving straight if gonna haul a trailer load 900 miles.
Matthews Guitars

Post by Matthews Guitars »

I've got nothing against Disney's workers but The Mouse Is Evil. It buys up good things and turns them bad. And it sure has contributed greatly to urban sprawl all around Central Florida.
cbass

Post by cbass »

https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=5af2596571a77238

I could do this. I don't know how to build a pergola but I've built some bugotas. I hope they're joking about the pay
cbass

Post by cbass »

All these jobs want high school diplomas and GEDs. Surely to goodness noones gonna ask to see that. They looking for skilled labor or an astrophysicist?
I think I'll just build a cabinet shop and stick a sign in my yard after I get there.
Not sure how that's gonna get medical insurance though
cbass

Post by cbass »

Matthews Guitars wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:22 pm I've got nothing against Disney's workers but The Mouse Is Evil. It buys up good things and turns them bad. And it sure has contributed greatly to urban sprawl all around Central Florida.
I'd be more worried about the herpes carrying monkeys on the loose down there.
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

cbass wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:52 pm
Matthews Guitars wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:22 pm I've got nothing against Disney's workers but The Mouse Is Evil. It buys up good things and turns them bad. And it sure has contributed greatly to urban sprawl all around Central Florida.
I'd be more worried about the herpes carrying monkeys on the loose down there.
I heard about these when I was out there in Orlando last month, I was like wat? lol I guess they're on an island and can't swim?

Poor dudes and dudettes.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
drew

Post by drew »

cbass wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:26 pm All these jobs want high school diplomas and GEDs.
If you can do math well enough to be a carpenter and string words together well enough to post on this forum, you can probably get your Good Enuf Diploma.
cbass

Post by cbass »

The woman is applying for some remote positions. We still.dont know if shes going to have back surgery.
I'm very dyslexic. I qrite stuff backwardsall the time. It took me along time to learn to tie my shoes when i was a kid.. I had to teach myself. I was in retard classes Untill i figured out how to picture things in my mind before i do it. Then all the sudden I was in gifted classes and being told.i have to go to college or I'm trash. So I quit in 10th grade
I could probably pass a GED test. I have no idea honestly

I can't work for some crappy company doing carpentry. I could do janitorial work or something and just show up and collect pay. I can't do that with woodworking. I'll either have to find a job with someone that does high-end finish work. Or start a business from scratch. Or be a toilet scrubber.
cbass

Post by cbass »

pompeiisneaks wrote: Thu Jul 16, 1970 8:48 am I heard about these when I was out there in Orlando last month, I was like wat? lol I guess they're on an island and can't swim?

Poor dudes and dudettes.

~Phil
I saw a news story about the monkeys attacking a family. I figured they'd be a little more hard-core down there. If that had happened here the headline would've been southern Missouri family shoots a pod of herpes monkeys.
cbass

Post by cbass »

drew wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:25 am
cbass wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:26 pm All these jobs want high school diplomas and GEDs.
If you can do math well enough to be a carpenter and string words together well enough to post on this forum, you can probably get your Good Enuf Diploma.
I just can't see a job interview going like. "We'd really like to hire you. You have 30 yrs experience. No felonies, a pristine driving record and numerous recommendations but we need a GED" then again in this day and age.

I just hope the pay scale is a little better than what im seeing advertised down there. I don't have to make a lot of money everything is paid off. The cabinet jobs I saw down there were what I was making working for someone else 20 years ago.
cbass

Post by cbass »

I think I found my dream job. Mobile Co is looking for an animal control officer. That's bound to be full of gator wranglin and I'll be dammed if those herpesmonkey make it into my state
cbass

Post by cbass »

Looks like we might get our first frost tonight. A full 14 days early.
cbass

Post by cbass »

Very very light frost not enough to hurt anything. Good thing cause I didn't bring in the lemon trees.
We live on a north facing slope high in elevation (for here). So we get frost and freezes our neighbors on the other side of the "mountain" probably dont.