Thinking about moving south

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Shrimp boat captain or window shutters?

Shrimp boat captain
53%
Window shutters
35%
Stay home and try to out ass hole the Yankees
12%

Total votes: 17

cbass

Re: Thinking about moving south

Post by cbass »

Kinda concerned about crime in mobile. Not that I'd be going there much hopefully. It's hard to get accurate stats. One article will have Mobile as the nations second most dangerous city. Then others won't even have it on their top 25.

Kinda concerned about the wages there too. Looks like there's lots of jobs but they don't pay much. I guess it is what it is.

I think we're gonna tell everybody we're from Arkansas when we move down there. Don't want people calling us Yankees.
cbass

Post by cbass »

My wife is amazing
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

Your wife is also making us hungry. :D
"Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned" - Enzo
cbass

Post by cbass »

She's an amazing cook and baker. She cans all the stuff i grow.I don't mean to brag but I belive god sent me an angel.she saved my life. She helped me with my drinking and drugs. Not by nagging but by just being there. By me wanting to be good enough for her.
cbass

Post by cbass »

Here's an idea of what the scenery is like around here. Skip ahead to about a minute

cbass

Post by cbass »

We went to one of our favorite spots to eat today
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

That's quite a view!

Love me some fish too :)

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
cbass

Post by cbass »

Its a trout fishing resort. Way back.in the sticks. Its a really nice place. They have all.the old buildings from when it was a thriving mill community.
Trout isn't my favorite but they do cook it really good and you know it's fresh. I usually get the prime rib or chicken fried steak but I figured I'd try something different.
cbass

Post by cbass »

Looks like no back surgery. At least from the MRI. We have an appointment with another neurosurgeon for a second opinion and an actual examination. It's a four hour round trip but I don't trust anyone.

The hospital here is going under. It's 200 bed facility and the nearest hospital is over an hour away.
The state has 12 violations against them and is revoking licenses mostly to do with heart attack care.

So the hospital here is filing a law suit against the state. Their argument is (I'm not joking) because they're a rural hospital they shouldn't have to meet the standards of other hospitals. I guess rural people don't deserve adequate Healthcare. They sure charge as much money as the city hospitals
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

cbass wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:01 pm Looks like no back surgery. At least from the MRI. We have an appointment with another neurosurgeon for a second opinion and an actual examination. It's a four hour round trip but I don't trust anyone.

The hospital here is going under. It's 200 bed facility and the nearest hospital is over an hour away.
The state has 12 violations against them and is revoking licenses mostly to do with heart attack care.

So the hospital here is filing a law suit against the state. Their argument is (I'm not joking) because they're a rural hospital they shouldn't have to meet the standards of other hospitals. I guess rural people don't deserve adequate Healthcare. They sure charge as much money as the city hospitals
Sadly this is becoming more and more true, partly because a ton of healthcare personnel quit because of the extreme stress on them during the pandemic. I've got multiple family members in healthcare, mom was a nurse, two sisters are nurses, one nephew a Nurse Practitioner and the other a surgeon. People were so abusive to them during the pandemic, and all they were trying to do was care for the ill, and so they all have been quitting en masse. It's making it extremely difficult to provide services for people anymore. I'd wager a lot of those problems you're mentioning were caused by short staffing causing all QA/QC to fall by the wayside.

It's a sad state of things.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
cbass

Post by cbass »

Its all by design. I won't get into what's really going on here because I don't want sound political. I don't think politics and Healthcare should have anything to do with each other but unfortunately its all interweaved there's too much money involved.
cbass

Post by cbass »

I hate going to Springfield but at least it's walleye Wednesday at the wf codys
cbass

Post by cbass »

Tuna'n'Shrimp night!
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

Now I'm hungry...
"Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned" - Enzo
cbass

Post by cbass »

Guess we ain't movin. After all this the wife decides she doesn't want to be that far from the grandkids. Even though that's the first thing I brought up when we first talked about moving.
Pretty sure it was all a diabolical plan to get me to fix some stuff around the house.