Platinum and Horse Shit (A Brief Story of Emergence)

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Reeltarded

Re: Platinum and Horse Shit (A Brief Story of Emergence)

Post by Reeltarded »

didit wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:06 pm Hello --

Fine topic to thread. A finer material choice for the original model would have been Palladium and Bat Shit. Gravity as described is pure weak emergence. Even phase of water and other similar stuff is weak. Strong emergence is where it all gets strange, and your great-grandparents second law of TD becomes apparently but not actually violated. Examples are everywhere in everyday life and needn't be really enumerated. Fines for invoking it vary depending on which department at the University one is beholden to, too.

Best .. Ian
Bravo! Photonics is watching two speeds. Idiots! Stop making it hard. haha

When you find entanglement and Cooper in condensate, you must ask yourself why the macro reality doesn't recognize these things as first principle. It actually appears that things *are often actually as they appear* and that is terrifying to M theorists...

Kaku, gtfo of my office!

My mind tells me that strings are for shoes. People will cry maths but show me a reason. It became a major funding issue for university research in 1969. Interesting idea. Neat math. No fruit.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

I named the unspoken entity. Ifasma is my contribution. The paper is called "Ordinary Space is a Superfluid".

There is another similarly named paper. That is not mine. Watch Arkani post 2015 lectures for some reference.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
ViperDoc

Post by ViperDoc »

Theoretical physics seems to require a knack for story telling, even an appetite for mushrooms. I'm unsure what contributions I could ever make to this topic, although perhaps an ayahuasca could change my mind. Even destroy it. Perfect maybe for tea time with the Sun God Ra!

For now I'm limited to lions that live in three dimensions, and strings that are edible, covered in marinara sauce. But is it really there????? In between the time that axons report old news, how does it really taste NOW...and will I ever really know the truth....?
Just plug it in, man.
cbass

Post by cbass »

ViperDoc wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:37 pm This thread is priceless. Emergent fluids shall not be rendered nor described.

This is not quite a mind f4ck, but since cable TV and horse shit ARE the same thing in present time, where did you come from? Or when?
Are you threatening me?
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Think about this. Two dimensional milkshakes should not be caloric. The holographic principle must be false.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cbass

Post by cbass »

Reeltarded wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:41 pm Think about this. Two dimensional milkshakes should not be caloric. The holographic principle must be false.
I like ganja but hemp wood be world changing if weed let it. Puns intended
ViperDoc

Post by ViperDoc »

I can't thank the stars enough, having just taken a piss before reading the latest comments. Like most ganja, or even shakes, some REALLY good sh1t. I will hide this thread and the likes from the Hollywood strike redirect. We don't need to crash the server. :lol:
Just plug it in, man.
TUBEDUDE

Post by TUBEDUDE »

image (1).jpeg

Of course. Geologists are stoners by definition.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tube junkie that aspires to become a tri-state bidirectional buss driver.
ViperDoc

Post by ViperDoc »

I emerged this morning to witness the annular eclipse, but ceaseless overhead clouds prevented the opportunity. Am I doomed, or saved? :?:
Just plug it in, man.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Both, yet neither.
cbass

Post by cbass »

Just getting warmed up for the total eclipse next year. They're expecting millions to show up. we are in the direct path here. I hope it rains or a hurricane shows up.
cbass

Post by cbass »

I have a question while I have the astrophysicists in the house.
What's the deal with saying Pluto's not a real planet but a dwarf planet?
So if a dwarf planet isn't a planet then dwarves aren't people? So I can just go buy a herd of dwarves like my grandad used to do?
TUBEDUDE

Post by TUBEDUDE »

cbass wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:01 am I have a question while I have the astrophysicists in the house.
So if a dwarf planet isn't a planet then dwarves aren't people? So I can just go buy a herd of dwarves like my grandad used to do?
No, they're people, you have to rent them.
And if in California, you have to give them insurance and a retirement plan.
Tube junkie that aspires to become a tri-state bidirectional buss driver.
cbass

Post by cbass »

TUBEDUDE wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:21 am
cbass wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:01 am I have a question while I have the astrophysicists in the house.
No, they're people, you have to rent them.
And if in California, you have to give them insurance and a retirement plan.
I'm in south central we do what we want here
ViperDoc

Post by ViperDoc »

cbass wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:54 am Just getting warmed up for the total eclipse next year. They're expecting millions to show up. we are in the direct path here. I hope it rains or a hurricane shows up.
We were in the direct path of the last total eclipse. It is unlike anything I've ever seen. No matter how many people show up, get your glasses early and get to as high a point as you can to see the arrival of the moon's shadow. It's unreal, and cold! The corona waves laterally behind the moon at full eclipse, it's beautiful. There is a site in Ireland called Newgrainge that predates Stonehenge by 5000 years. It has a tunnel that the sun shines through only on the winter solstice. The entry stone is carved in a wavy pattern, it looks exactly like the corona behind the moon. The totality of the last eclipse was 2:30 minutes, and I believe the next one might be closer to 4:00. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Take the day off, whatever you need to do. I've never seen anything like that.
Just plug it in, man.