Therians

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

TUBEDUDE

Therians

Post by TUBEDUDE »

Well this disturbing facet of human behavior just cropped up on my radar:
https://www.wikihow.com/What-Is-a-Therian
Tube junkie that aspires to become a tri-state bidirectional buss driver.
sluckey

Re: Therians

Post by sluckey »

You know, we all come from frogs. (ELR, Nov 18, 2002)
cbass

Post by cbass »

TUBEDUDE wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:22 pm Well this disturbing facet of human behavior just cropped up on my radar:
This is what happens when you remove bullies from society
nworbetan

Post by nworbetan »

When parents are too uneducated (and/or busy with three jobs) to teach their kids anything at all, and assume the kids will learn everything they need to know at school, or on the internet...

I suppose therians probably isn't as bad as actually believing in witchcraft, right?

Would this be a good time to bring up other ridiculously untrue mythologies that we're still not allowed to bully stupid people for believing?
cbass

Post by cbass »

Just don't say anything bad about scientology or our lord and savior Tom cruise
TUBEDUDE

Post by TUBEDUDE »

I'll wager this species dysphoria will become a protected class
Tube junkie that aspires to become a tri-state bidirectional buss driver.
WhopperPlate

Post by WhopperPlate »

TUBEDUDE wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:22 pm Well this disturbing facet of human behavior just cropped up on my radar:
Species dysphoria . Ironically this one began trending long before gender dysphoria became hip . Behold : a transgender translizard…
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by WhopperPlate on Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charlie
WhopperPlate

Post by WhopperPlate »

nworbetan wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:37 pm
I suppose therians probably isn't as bad as actually believing in witchcraft, right?
Believing your physical body isn’t what you directly perceive vs believing in something you can’t directly perceive…

I will venture to say the first requires inherent mental illness , whilst the second remains to be based within the typical and core debates of philosophy, which great minds have struggled to grapple since the dawn of consciousness .

However , that debate has resulted in immense and unquantifiable turmoil and destruction within our world . Thinking you are a lizard in a human body would generally be most dangerous for that specific individual, and less likely to promote an ideological cult following that would have actual societal impacts … but ironically the same is apparently not true concerning gender dysphoria …

I say it is ideological zealotry that is the most dangerous , in whatever form it takes.
Charlie
cbass

Post by cbass »

That was very well written but people have been warring since before history. Man has never needed religion as an excuse to murder pillage and burn. Actually quite the opposite monotheistic religion introduced laws for man to follow to not kill not steal not lie etc.

So is someone that goes on a murdering spree in the name of God even though it clearly states not to murder in their book, is it Killing in the name of religion or killing just because he wants too?

We've existed as a country with religion for 250 years certainly wasn't perfect but we did manage to become the richest most powerful country. I don't think our country is gonna last another 250 with lizard weirdos runnin things.A country has to have the same basic underlying morality to be prosperous. we don't have that anymore. We have large groups of people here that belive stealing killing etc is fine. We're did they derive their morals from? But then again what do I know? I barely got any learnin

I really thought about not posting this . Nothing personal against any lizard weirdos here.
WhopperPlate

Post by WhopperPlate »

cbass wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:52 pm That was very well written but people have been warring since before history. Man has never needed religion as an excuse to murder pillage and burn. Actually quite the opposite monotheistic religion introduced laws for man to follow to not kill not steal not lie etc.

We've existed as a country with religion for 250 years certainly wasn't perfect but we did manage to become the richest most powerful country. I don't think our country is gonna last another 250 with lizard weirdos runnin things.A country has to have the same basic underlying morality to be prosperous. we don't have that anymore. We have large groups of people here that belive stealing killing etc is fine. We're did they derive their morals from? But then again what do I know? I barely got any learnin
Agreed , there has been plenty of discussion surrounding the moral law instilled within society by religious ideologies. The advancement of society is a self evident result of this standardization. The nuances obviously differ from culture to culture , with plenty of questionable practices of behavior also promoted, but there is no doubt the level of organization we have achieved is ultimately a result of such influences.

With some careful mental gymnastics you can candy coat whatever ideology you want into a religious or non religious based perspective, but anything that is designed to organize and unify is going to be based on some invisible idea or notion of intent to be a functioning community. However , a personally maintained philosophical ideal is inevitably harder to grasp for a low intellectual level than a commandment from god.

With that being said , let me quote Aristotle , good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws…but I will addendum that I have known many good people that are stupid enough to fall into trap of lies…and many bad people who tell convincing lies … the deceitful and deceived tend to unify …

Beyond all the philosophical ramblings , let me just drop a pin and recognize the state where I live (CA; probably the most politically correct and religiously antagonistic state ) has become the most disorganized and overspending government within the USA. Cities are regularly over encumbered with homelessness and rampant crime. They shuffle homeless camps around from one park or empty lot to another , and then have to come in with tractors and reshape the landscape after they have putrefied the site with litter and excrement . It’s actually not a joke when people say you can’t walk around SF without stepping in human feces , nor is it a joke that chain stores are literally leaving the cities because of the lawlessness. Shoplifting is just a daily inevitability. Meanwhile , everything is exorbitantly overpriced , small local businesses can barely afford to exist and close consistently their doors, and the only businesses left come from places out of state that can actually afford to cut through the red tape. These are simply facts . Come visit and find out.

I digress and tangent from lizard people , but the point is that ideological standards necessary to suspend one’s disbelief, concerning this and similar subject matter , have been promoted by these government institutions, and if there is an inability to discern logic and facts from emotions and feelings within this subject matter than there is abundant opportunities within more imperative matters to have muddy waters that can undermine moral integrity .
cbass wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:52 pm
I really thought about not posting this . Nothing personal against any lizard weirdos here.

That’s understandable, we live in this age where ideology of fascism has ironically infected and hijacked inherently antithetical political spectrums . Liberal is now somehow far right wing , meanwhile it’s somehow become left wing to cut out the tongue of anyone who doesn’t fit any accepted status quo narrative .

George Carlin (RIP): “Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners”

The contradictions are timelessly comical , and the risk of pointing it out has become a risky endeavor. Same bullshit , different day .
Last edited by WhopperPlate on Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charlie
cbass

Post by cbass »

WhopperPlate wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:55 pm With that being said , let me quote Aristotle , good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws…
Where did the concept of good and evil come from? What constitutes good or bad without commandments(laws) we can all agree on?
johnnyreece

Post by johnnyreece »

cbass wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:15 pm
WhopperPlate wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:55 pm With that being said , let me quote Aristotle , good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws…
Where did the concept of good and evil come from? What constitutes good or bad without commandments(laws) we can all agree on?
Hoping this doesn't all get too political, but my thought on laws boils down to: Your Liberty To Swing Your Fist Ends Just Where My Nose Begins. If you aren't hurting me or anyone else, do whatever you like. Doesn't much matter what you think is good or evil, so long as you follow that one simple rule. Metaphorically speaking, of course.
WhopperPlate

Post by WhopperPlate »

I will defer to relative ideas that indirectly approach the subject. Allow me to quote:

Krishnamurti:

“Truth is a pathless land. and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect”

“Truth can be discovered by anyone, without the help of any authority and, as life is ever present, in an instant.”

Good and evil remain contextual . killing is bad , until it’s kill or be killed , then suddenly you have no choice but to be bad in order to continue exist to and do good . Yin and Yang.

There aren’t simple answers.
Charlie
WhopperPlate

Post by WhopperPlate »

johnnyreece wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:29 pm
Your Liberty To Swing Your Fist Ends Just Where My Nose Begins.
Well said. Don’t spin the karmic wheel unless you want more karma . Cause and effect
Charlie
cbass

Post by cbass »

I'm not sure if I made my point very well.or if there is even one. Yall are obviously way out of my league in philosophical thinking. When I'm talking about morals I don't mean as individuals.i mean as a society. In no way do i think there should be laws denying people.from acting like lizards.
What is right and wrong in society has changed. I mean there's laws protecting shoplifters in some states. If everyone in society can't agree that stealing is immoral. Even when it doesn't hurt someone then we are totally screwed as a society.

I'll go ahead and bow out now. I don't want to give anyone here another reason not to like me.