Therians

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

WhopperPlate

Re: Therians

Post by WhopperPlate »

cbass wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:09 pm

I'll go ahead and bow out now. I don't want to give anyone here another reason not to like me.
That’s probably the biggest problem we all face; the struggle to speak our mind and face the music . It’s so much easier to be non confrontational, but that’s summed up by another famous quote :

“Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing.”

Look out ! The thought police are coming !
Charlie
cbass

Post by cbass »

I'm not above criticism I just know what I belive is in the minority in thus group.

Goodness doesn't come from within. We are born selfish greedy vile things untill.we are taught otherwise.
WhopperPlate

Post by WhopperPlate »

What is right and wrong in society has changed. I mean there's laws protecting shoplifters in some states. If everyone in society can't agree that stealing is immoral. Even when it doesn't hurt someone then we are totally screwed as a society.

We as individuals decide first . A significant percentage of individuals have become either indifferent or forgiving of such behavior , generally using excuses to justify this behavior as the best they can manage, as if ripping off Walgreens is bringing balance between the poor and rich classes of society. I am not afraid to disagree with their logic .
Charlie
WhopperPlate

Post by WhopperPlate »

cbass wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:52 pm I'm not above criticism I just know what I belive is in the minority in thus group.

Goodness doesn't come from within. We are born selfish greedy vile things untill.we are taught otherwise.
Nature vs nurture . The debate will continue .
Charlie
cbass

Post by cbass »

WhopperPlate wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:57 pm
What is right and wrong in society has changed. I mean there's laws protecting shoplifters in some states. If everyone in society can't agree that stealing is immoral. Even when it doesn't hurt someone then we are totally screwed as a society.

We as individuals decide first . A significant percentage of individuals have become either indifferent or forgiving of such behavior , generally using excuses to justify this behavior as the best they can manage, as if ripping off Walgreens is bringing balance between the poor and rich classes of society. I am not afraid to disagree with their logic .
Thats a good point. It does start as individuals validating the reasons it's ok for them to do wrong. That's one reason tge the further we stray from the commandments the worse our society will be.
cbass

Post by cbass »

I definitely better bow out it's snowing and icebing out. I've already been drinking I don't want to get to far out there on yall.
WhopperPlate

Post by WhopperPlate »

WhopperPlate wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:58 pm
cbass wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:52 pm I'm not above criticism I just know what I belive is in the minority in thus group.

The old Native American saying comes to mind :

“There are two wolves inside everyone, a good one and a bad one. Which one wins ? Whichever one you feed”
Charlie
cbass

Post by cbass »

WhopperPlate wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:47 pm

“There are two wolves inside everyone, a good one and a bad one. Which one wins ? Whichever one you feed”
Apparently I fed the wrong one jalapeño poppers last night and it took the form of a rabid badger trying to claw its way out a mud tunnel this morning.
TUBEDUDE

Post by TUBEDUDE »

cbass wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:39 pm

Apparently I fed the wrong one jalapeño poppers last night and it took the form of a rabid badger trying to claw its way out a mud tunnel this morning.
Rabid badger isn't a clue to your therian alter ego is it? 😁
Band name!
Tube junkie that aspires to become a tri-state bidirectional buss driver.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

IHOP on Sunset. It's probably noonish on a 1983 Sunday when I was approached at my booth by a guy and his.. female friend.

They took the other side of my booth and started trying to explain this new religion we were going to found.

Do what you want, but pretend free-will is a thing, or else.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
cbass

Post by cbass »

Ehh nevermind everything's find
Last edited by cbass on Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WhopperPlate

Post by WhopperPlate »

Reeltarded wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:07 am Do what you want, but pretend free-will is a thing, or else.
More like “Pretend , or else reeducation !” :mrgreen:
Charlie
WhopperPlate

Post by WhopperPlate »

TUBEDUDE wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:57 am
cbass wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:39 pm

Rabid badger isn't a clue to your therian alter ego is it? 😁
Band name!
Rabid badger is also my wife’s alter ego, whenever I poke the proverbial beehive
Charlie
ViperDoc

Post by ViperDoc »

But what of the sea creatures that believe they are actually humans? Sea-rians. And who can vouch for how fermented that kelp bed is/was? And what happens when it's all gone? DERP!

:mrgreen:
Just plug it in, man.
cbass

Post by cbass »

I identify as Macho Man Randy Savage

The cream of the crop always rises to the top! Oh Yeuuaah!!!!