Wish me luck

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

cbass

Wish me luck

Post by cbass »

I got a job interview for a construction project manager position with a large custom home builder. Hopefully I can get out of this craphole town and work on some nice lakefront homes. It's been nice not working the last couple years but I guess I'm starting to feel useless.

I've never had a real job or done a job interview or made a resume or took a cantidate assessment test before thus. Much less dealt with people in HR. I'm kind of nervous Hopefully I can fake my way through it and trick them into thinking I'm competent.
xtian

Re: Wish me luck

Post by xtian »

No politics, dirty jokes, or UFO talk. You got this!
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
mike-p

Post by mike-p »

I think it can be a lot harder to get by in life without a 'real' job, a lot of mental strength and resourcefulness required. You can definitely do the job they want you to do, and do it well.
cbass

Post by cbass »

Thank guys . I really wasn't really expecting the iq test I think I did ok and Lots of weird psychological questions.
Did a video interview After that. Hopefully they call me back for an in person interview with the boss.
cbass

Post by cbass »

mike-p wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:06 pm I think it can be a lot harder to get by in life without a 'real' job, a lot of mental strength and resourcefulness required. You can definitely do the job they want you to do, and do it well.
I had it made untill my shop burnt down. I'm too old to go into debt to start over. So iguess I have to get a real job
ViperDoc

Post by ViperDoc »

Sounds like it's going well. Good luck, bud.
Just plug it in, man.
cbass

Post by cbass »

xtian wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:49 pm No politics, dirty jokes, or UFO talk. You got this!
So if he ask me if I have any questions. I shouldn't ask him who are you voting for this election? And then start rambling about how my candidate supports extra terrestrial rights?
cbass

Post by cbass »

cbass wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:43 pm I really wasn't really expecting the iq test I think I did ok
Whats that one thing called? the dunning Krueger effect?
WhopperPlate

Post by WhopperPlate »

cbass wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:26 am
cbass wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:43 pm I really wasn't really expecting the iq test I think I did ok
Whats that one thing called? the dunning Krueger effect?
The trick is to show up to the interview as inebriated as possible while still high functioning ... kinda like getting your drivers license photo taken…
:twisted: :lol:
Charlie
cbass

Post by cbass »

I still haven't heard back from them. Should I check in Monday and see if they've had a chance to review my stuff?
Or just let it slide a few more days?
maxkracht

Post by maxkracht »

Good luck! Probably best to wait a bit to call, I think all the HR stuff takes some time. Also haven't had a real job in a long time. I should follow your lead.
cbass

Post by cbass »

Yea youre right I guess I was expecting things to move quickly. Since I heard back from them within an hour after I submitted my resume.
Phil_S

Post by Phil_S »

Given current labor market conditions, you are likely a shoe in. They probably did a happy dance after the interview. Expectations were low because of the tight labor market. They did the dance because you met the expectations they used to have. HR is getting in the way. This will conclude when you least expect it. Hang in there.
cbass

Post by cbass »

I got the call from the owner. Or at least someone with the same last name as the company. I think I'll get it
cbass

Post by cbass »

I guess the interview went ok. I wasn't nervous untill I got sat down in the office and realized I have no idea what I'm supposed to say. The only question was. "so tell me about yourself?"
It's a legit business they got there own cabinet shop.
About 6 nice looking gals in the office.
They got their own designers
They got their own architect.
They do nothing but high end stuff.
Last edited by cbass on Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:04 am, edited 2 times in total.