What's for supper?

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

cbass

Re: What's for supper?

Post by cbass »

That looks delicious I love scallops.
johnnyreece

Post by johnnyreece »

Well, here's an oldie-but-a-goodie of mine. County Fair burger (ground pork and bacon), Grippo's BBQ chips, and fried morels. All with a refreshing High Life Light to wash it down.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cbass

Post by cbass »

johnnyreece wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:27 pm Well, here's an oldie-but-a-goodie of mine. County Fair burger (ground pork and bacon), Grippo's BBQ chips, and fried morels. All with a refreshing High Life Light to wash it down.
That's a man's supper there. Love morels can't wait till this spring. I can usually find enough on my land to get our fill.
TUBEDUDE

Post by TUBEDUDE »

cbass wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:59 pm It's not my wife we pretty much agree on everything. We both hate current pop culture. It's everybody else. My personality is probably the main reason I'm not a very wealthy man . Not a lot I can do about it but try to realize when I'm being an asshole.
I hear ya! Many find my sense of humor and personality intolerable I'm sure.
As long as you and the missus are attuned, the externals are just white noise.
Aside from personal relationships, all of the crap that we're exposed to has no standing. Some of it is entertaining, much of it annoying, some of it alarming, but none of it can shake the foundation of solid relationships and the real sustenance for our soul provided by them. My wife and I are simpatico on most all things, certainly on the important ones. We make, and have always made, decisions based on interests and goals, not money. We're far from wealthy, but happy with what we have, and that we had work that we enjoyed. We both made decisions for happiness and family over money.
I feel for the last three generations.
The world is full of distractions and younger folk are exposed to too much crap at an early age.
Without the early years with time and space to gain a sense of self and a solid foundation some are just lost in the wind, forming a worldview by whatever distorted attitude gains traction on social media. This does our culture no favors. End of rant. I shouldn't post after two expressos.
Tube junkie that aspires to become a tri-state bidirectional buss driver.
cbass

Post by cbass »

TUBEDUDE wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:51 pm. End of rant. I shouldn't post after two expressos.
I shouldn't post until after a couple cups of coffee
WhopperPlate

Post by WhopperPlate »

cbass wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:10 pm
TUBEDUDE wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:51 pm. End of rant. I shouldn't post after two expressos.
I shouldn't post until after a couple cups of coffee
At least you all can blame coffee … sometimes it seems I shouldn’t post at all* lol
Charlie
cbass

Post by cbass »

Not supper but dinner. It's $2 burger Tuesday at the country store in Pomona.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ViperDoc

Post by ViperDoc »

I went to the new In N Out in town last night. It broke their corporate record at 10,000 burgers sold. It's been a few weeks now and the hype has normalized. The initial drive-thru wait-time on opening day was 8 hours at the peak. It's good, but not that good. I rolled up and ordered my favorite: A fried mustard 4x3 with pickles and grilled onions, protein style; a fry and a lemon water. BAM. The checker asked me, "Are you from California? You ordered that with so much confidence!" Yes, ma'am. I sure am.

IMG_0715.jpg
Just plug it in, man.
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

4x3 Animal Protein syle?
cbass

Post by cbass »

I've never tried an in and out burger. I'm at a disadvantage
ViperDoc

Post by ViperDoc »

cbass wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:58 pm I don't think I've tried an in and out burger. I really need to diversify my pallet but I'll bet the Pomona burger has been dead a shorter amount of time. The lettuce too
martin manning wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:50 pm 4x3 Animal Protein syle?
LOL. So I'm just a customer, but In N Out beef is never frozen, so that's some brand new beef. They only open locations that meet their supply chain distance requirements. Like you, I've had my fair share of burgers, and In N Out is fresh and not-chemically-overseasoned like other similar places. I like it. The secret menu opens a lot of doors to find your niche.

"4 x 3" = 4 patties, 3 cheese. The max is 4 x 4. In the past, there was no limit, and you could order a 20 x 20 in a box. But not anymore.
"Fried Mustard" = the patties are fried in mustard on the hot top, just like a classic smashed onion burger from the midwest, and it comes with pickles. It's delicious.
"Protein Style" = no bun, the burger is wrapped in lettuce, which is how I like to roll to justify the experience. Low carb and all.
"Animal Style" = extra spread and grilled onions, which is a great way to go if you have a bun. Otherwise, it gets too saucy IMO. But you can Animal style your fries to make up for it. YUM.

There's a burger place in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho called Hudsons that is famous for selling two things: hamburgers and pie. It's a single bar table lineup where you sit and order as many burgers and slices of pie as you want, and then the next person in line takes your place when you're done. The only toppings on the burgers allowed are cheese, pickles, onions and mustard--nothing else. Not a french fry in the joint. The man at the cook top looks like a machine, making burgers by hand as fast as humanly possible, nonstop. It's damned good. Highly recommended.
Just plug it in, man.
WhopperPlate

Post by WhopperPlate »

ViperDoc wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:44 pm
cbass wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:58 pm I don't think I've tried an in and out burger. I really need to diversify my pallet but I'll bet the Pomona burger has been dead a shorter amount of time. The lettuce too
martin manning wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:50 pm 4x3 Animal Protein syle?
The max is 4 x 4. In the past, there was no limit, and you could order a 20 x 20 in a box. But not anymore.
2x 4x4 animal style was my go to order growing up . I would crave those things like drugs every time a road trip was planned.

My lil brother ordered an 8x8 once , and made a quick visit to the bathroom shortly thereafter to pray to the porcelain god.

Funny enough, ever since I stopped eating any fast food on road trips I stopped having so many issues with feeling lagged and bloated from traveling . Who da thunk? Lol
Charlie
cbass

Post by cbass »

Tonight's supper. Still workin on it
cbass

Post by cbass »

I think the lense fogged up but i tried to do something with the leftover cheddar jalapeño bread.

It's spicy!
ViperDoc

Post by ViperDoc »

Looks tasty. Nothing like 22LR for dessert.
Just plug it in, man.