Anyone tried stem cell therapy?

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

cbass

Re: Anyone tried stem cell therapy?

Post by cbass »

We're still tempted to give it a shot. Hip surgery is going to be 3 weeks non weight bearing the another 6vweeks of recovery and probably another back surgery after that.
Vs spending a few thousand and having a vacation.
Torn labrum is an injury that these stem cell places mention a lot.

I know all those fighters can be bought but these guys also go through dozens of surgeries.
Honestly having a guy like Dan severen say it didn't work gives me a little reassurance. If they are getting paid then I'm sure he would have a contract that he couldn't say anything negative

Jack Nicklaus wouldn't lie to me? Would he? I mean he has 18 majors

We really don't like the back dr we are being forced to use. We actually haven't even met him after several appointments. Just his practitioner or whatever they are.
She the one that recommended a syatic injection that's left my wife unable to work and she really didn't seem to concerned about it. In fact she didn't even do an exam even though my wife has new symptoms of numbness in her other foot.
The other neurosurgeon always does examinations himself and makes us feel a lot more comfortable in his abilities.

Sorry bout whining all over the place. I don't have anything better to do. I dont relally have anyone ro talk to me. All our friends and family are so use to depending on us when they have problems. I guess it doesnt register with them that we have struggles too. I know you guys got your own problems to deal with
WhopperPlate

Post by WhopperPlate »

In all seriousness, check out that other wrong thread I posted
Charlie
cbass

Post by cbass »

I started watching it I'm pretty skeptical. We already know about pro biotics. We already eat a lot of fermented foods. Yougurt and keifer and cheese made from raw milk. My mom was making me eat all that crap when i was kid. The only gut problems is from having to take opiates.
WhopperPlate

Post by WhopperPlate »

cbass wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:56 pm The only gut problems is from having to take opiates.
Whether it’s Alzheimer’s , Parkinson’s , autism or arthritis , diabetes or heart disease , there is mounting evidence that the majority of disease begins within the gut , so generally speaking if you have health problems you have gut problems.

They discuss the significance of how the United States had a fraction of the gut microbiome that immigrants entering the country start with. Between regular ingestion of commercial agricultural pesticides, and a standard diet that more or less depletes our bacteria population, you need A LOT of supplementation to even begin to reach baseline levels, and the fact of the matter is that indigenous isolated communities have bacteria that we have never had nor will ever get from simply eating yogurt and kefir, especially pasteurized industrial farmed .

We can say we live healthy doing healthy things , but as they discuss in the video there are diminishing results when this bacterial depletion is passed down generation to generation. We inherit our parents bacteria . If they have been compromised, we are compromised.

The gastroenterologist here talks about how they are literally creating banks of stool samples from these populations to document and categorize bacteria strains . He also promotes his own brand of probiotics with a 35 trillion count.

Did you get to the fecal transplant part ? Person without type 2 diabetes can literally gift their bacteria to someone with the disease and curb all of their symptoms …and vice versa they can gift type 2 diabetes via bacteria … if that doesn’t stir the senses …

Anyways , just caring and sharing , hope anything is helpful
Charlie
cbass

Post by cbass »

Didn't get to the fecal transplant lol.
I'll try to watch some more later. I've heard about some of this stuff before. My wife takes some supplements for gut health. I don't know much about it though.

The hip is an injury. The back is congenital.

I don't have any health problems at least physical health.
I haven't been to a Dr in nearly 30 years.
I've always had a job that is some form of physical labor. I think working out in the heat and sweating all day is one the best things for general health. As long as you replace those lost nutrients with ice cold PBR
I do have to get back to work I've steadily gained weight since I "retired" . I was planning on doing some livestock and stuff but it turns out I hate farming.
WhopperPlate

Post by WhopperPlate »

cbass wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:09 pm
I've always had a job that is some form of physical labor. I think working out in the heat and sweating all day is one the best things for general health.
A sedentary lifestyle expedites the end.
Charlie
cbass

Post by cbass »

WhopperPlate wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:50 pm
I've always had a job that is some form of physical labor. I think working out in the heat and sweating all day is one the best things for general health.
It ain't about just being sedentary you got to get out in that sun and absorb what the universe provides and sweat out them toxins. You can areobisize all you want. You got to get them sun nutrients
Jered

Post by Jered »

I got to a point where it was taking me 40-45 minutes, sometimes longer to get out of bed every day because of back pain. Doctors were not doing a thing for me, just telling me surgery was my only option. I bought an inversion table, one of the better Teeter models.
The first couple weeks were painful, painful, PAINFUL. But I stuck it out and my back started to feel better. Within two months my pain was all but gone. Worked miracles for me. Two things, you dont need to hang completely vertical. just enough to take the pressure off of your spine, and get an inversion table that holds you by your legs and not your feet or ankles.
Now I just do 10-15 minutes twice a week and I have never felt better. Its been about 5 years now. Hoping the best for your wife.
ViperDoc

Post by ViperDoc »

Jered wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:50 am I got to a point where it was taking me 40-45 minutes, sometimes longer to get out of bed every day because of back pain. Doctors were not doing a thing for me, just telling me surgery was my only option. I bought an inversion table, one of the better Teeter models.
The first couple weeks were painful, painful, PAINFUL. But I stuck it out and my back started to feel better. Within two months my pain was all but gone. Worked miracles for me. Two things, you dont need to hang completely vertical. just enough to take the pressure off of your spine, and get an inversion table that holds you by your legs and not your feet or ankles.
Now I just do 10-15 minutes twice a week and I have never felt better. Its been about 5 years now. Hoping the best for your wife.
Probably decompressing your discs like a champion, nice. I suffered a disc herniation in September and am still recovering, no surgery for this guy. Maybe I could get my inch in height back if I used one of those tables. Need to find a Bat suit....
Just plug it in, man.
cbass

Post by cbass »

Jered wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:50 am I got to a point where it was taking me 40-45 minutes, sometimes longer to get out of bed every day because of back pain. Doctors were not doing a thing for me, just telling me surgery was my only option. I bought an inversion table, one of the better Teeter models.
Thanks Might be worth a shot.

My wife had9 severe stenosis. She was in danger of becoming paralyzed. Had to have an immediate surgery. I'm not trying to say hers is worse but when I talk to other folks about it I often hear "I was back to work in a couple week after my back surgery."

The last back surgery was hospitalized for 8 days . She has a scar about a foot long down her spine. On the x-rays you can see what looks like some #8 wood screws along with other hardware.
I dont think that guy had the same procedure done.
Last edited by cbass on Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WhopperPlate

Post by WhopperPlate »

cbass wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:09 pm
Thanks Might be worth a shot.

My wife had9 severe stenosis. She was in danger of becoming paralyzed. Had to have an immediate surgery. I'm not trying to say hers is worse but when I talk to other folks about it I often hear "I was back to work in a couple week after my back surgery."

The last back surgery was hospitalized for 8 days . She has a scar about a foot long down her spine. On the x-rays you can see what looks like some #8 wood screws along with other hardware.
I dont think that guy had the same procedure done.
With that severe of a predicament, have you ever tried or considered cannabis ?

I am not talking smoking the stuff , I am talking salves and edibles; and not just CBD, but full strength medical grade distillates , (RSO , Rick Sampson Oil).

My wife has a whole set of unique “we have never seen this before” medical conditions that often result in heavy debilitating physical pain, and she has had incredible turnarounds taking this daily . Just one thing she has is kidney disease, and utilizing this and other supplements and medications she has gone into complete remission . Also fixes her insomnia.

I make my own rubbing salves and give it out every year as Christmas presents . Everyone who uses it swears by it , and the ones with real bad pain come knocking at my door throughout the year to get more . I am talking old people with real bad back pain and other physical issues. I especially like to make sure the drummers I work for have it in their arsenal to grease those joints lol .

Don’t know how accessible this is for you in your state , but it’s at least worth mentioning.

I hope you and your wife find relief boss
Charlie
WhopperPlate

Post by WhopperPlate »

cbass wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:01 pm
WhopperPlate wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:50 pm
It ain't about just being sedentary you got to get out in that sun and absorb what the universe provides and sweat out them toxins. You can areobisize all you want. You got to get them sun nutrients
Agreed; remove sun , add stagnation , get disease .
Charlie
cbass

Post by cbass »

Thanks for bringing that up. We had totally forgotten about that. She had actually had used some saive my mom had made. it's been a couple years ago But at the time worried about using it because of testing at work(RN). Probably gonna be on disability soon anyway.
She did get some relief using it.
It's legal here.
In fact I'll go by the dispensery today and get some.
WhopperPlate

Post by WhopperPlate »

cbass wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:38 pm Thanks for bringing that up. We had totally forgotten about that. She had actually had used some saive my mom had made. it's been a couple years ago But at the time worried about using it because of testing at work(RN). Probably gonna be on disability soon anyway.
She did get some relief using it.
It's legal here.
In fact I'll go by the dispensery today and get some.
Awesome, I hope you and your wife can find some relief . Salves will be easy to find . The distillate is a bit more challenging. Often not even dispensaries in CA carry the stuff . Fwiw “Beard bros” is the brand my wife buys.
Charlie
cbass

Post by cbass »

Thanks ,was just gonna get a tincture and mix it up ourselves. Didn't find any salves locally
MARY'S MEDICINALS
Formula Remedy 2:2:1:1 - CBG:CBD:CBN:THC Tincture - 100mg