I bought a solid walnut apartment. Uh, speaker cabinet.

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Leo_Gnardo

Re: I bought a solid walnut apartment. Uh, speaker cabinet.

Post by Leo_Gnardo »

Miles is right, get it up off the floor a bit. I know you get some extra bass oomph having a cab slap on the deck like that. I reckon you'll find some happy spot where the sound reaches your ears better than your ankles, and still have plenty of rumble. A low bench of some sort. All the better to feast eyes on that wood.

Grill? This looks like a kool old hi fi speaker. Tan, or oxblood, or oxblood with wheat stripe if you wanna get fancy. A see-thru doubleknit might be worth trying for a lark. "We like to see the speakers!" Or go retro, tie dye. You're in California, fits right in.
down technical blind alleys . . .
brewdude

Post by brewdude »

Have you tried it vertical?
xtian

Post by xtian »

brewdude wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:01 am Have you tried it vertical?
I've tried vertical 2x12s in the past. Maybe fine on stage, but in my room, I sit near the cab when I play, and I always hear comb filtering when I sit near a vertical 2x12.

This cabinet is already sitting on a 2" base of walnut hardwood, and the top surface makes a great space for my Helix and a stereo SS amp. :)
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Try it on a.. do you live near the Joshua Tree?

:lol:

So the warden hears gunfire.. sounds pretty close. Another report.. and another. He counts 27 shots as he wanders down to the river. Aha! There he is.. and another report.. and another. He looks up and sees a problem.

THIS GUY IS SHOOTING THE ENDANGED ROSEATE SPOONBILLS!!

"HEY YOU!! PUT THAT GUN DOWN AND TAKE THREE STEPS TOWARD ME AND STAY RIGHT THERE!!"

"MAN! You are a pretty good shot.." said the warden picking up the man's bag. "Oh no. I counted 29 shots and saw the two last birds coming down.."

"I don't miss, Sir." said the man.

"You are shooting an endangered bird! Each of the birds in this bag carries a possible 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine!" the warden said counting the birds. "26.. 27... 28.. jesus mister.. you are in a shitload of trouble!"

"Sir! I am just a poor man trying to feed his family! I had no idea these birds are endangered! Oh no! I just can't tell you how sorry I am!"

"Sorry. 29 counts on you we have to go to the magistrate. I can't just let you slide on this. Let's go."

"29 ROSEATE SPOONBILLS!!" said the magistrate.

"I SWEAR MR MAGISTRATE!! I HAD NO IDEA THESE BIRDS WERE IN TROUBLE! IM JUST A POOR MAN TRYING TO FEED HIS FAMILY!!" the hunter broke into tears. "Six kids and my wife.. I'm all they have.. I can't go to prison and I won't make $2000 this year!"

The magistrate realized this man had not intended to kill endangered birds. There was never a more forward offer of absolute remorse in his 33 years of service. "Well.. I can't let you just walk out of here. I am going to give you the least that I can. One month of community service for each violation.. I'll suspend half of that.. but, may I ask you a question..."

"... what does Roseate Spoonbill taste like?"

The man flossed with a fingernail between his teeth..

"About like Bald Eagle..".
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
xtian

Post by xtian »

Well. That was a long walk off a short pier...
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Impatient children.

I swear.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
xtian

Post by xtian »

Got some cane for the grille!

IMG_2979.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ViperDoc

Post by ViperDoc »

LOL. I thought it would taste more like a poodle.

Nice cloth, Aaron!
Just plug it in, man.
cbass

Post by cbass »

Very classy!
Leo_Gnardo

Post by Leo_Gnardo »

Like every horizontal surface around here, a collection of doo-dads has gathered atop.
xtian

Post by xtian »

Leo_Gnardo wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:16 pm Like every horizontal surface around here, a collection of doo-dads has gathered atop.
That's not some rando collection, that's a finished instrument, an Apprehension Engine, for making scary noises for this Halloween's production of Rocky Horror Picture Show!
Leo_Gnardo

Post by Leo_Gnardo »

xtian wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:07 pm
Leo_Gnardo wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:16 pm Like every horizontal surface around here, a collection of doo-dads has gathered atop.
That's not some rando collection, that's a finished instrument, an Apprehension Engine, for making scary noises for this Halloween's production of Rocky Horror Picture Show!
OH we're gonna have to hear some of this! Looked sorta lap steelish on top. Further explanation is necessary. Take us on a tour of your nefarious machine please. Inquiring minds want to know!
TUBEDUDE

Post by TUBEDUDE »

I think I'd build another cabinet and resaw that gorgeous wood into guitar tops and backs!
Tube junkie that aspires to become a tri-state bidirectional buss driver.