UA Amp pedals

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Reeltarded

UA Amp pedals

Post by Reeltarded »

No joy. No love. Dream thing plays like stiff socks. Sounds more like a spikey twin than a Deluxe. Rough to play.

Does it sound ok? Yeah. It sounds ok. Does it sound like what they say? Not even close.

Next.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
Reeltarded

Re: UA Amp pedals

Post by Reeltarded »

We are well into the pathetic curve of every recorded guitar becoming flat and generic as any keyboard recordings ever did in the 80s.

People don't use mics, or amps, or cabinets, or differing signal chains with stacks of molten hot shit with their own personalities, opting for..

The worst.

It is like watching the last train die.

Pour one out for creativity. It became a single mark on a straight line.

https://soundcloud.com/lloyd-miles-hend ... -the-train
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Days later.. yes, I AM WRONG. I onky had to get Mumphrey off the controls.

Returned through 20w amp loop. It isn't the best Deluxe I have ever heard, but importantly, it is dynamic with the pretend power supply squat and it feels very friendly. There are reasons to love that compared to a melting original amp... hmm..

So now I am selling $4000 worth of crap to make 3 discrete chains.

Lion, Ruby, Dream. H90, DM-202, Starlight... 2290P.. RipTide.. I dunno what exactly to do about reverb, but it would be amazing to find an ambient/atmospheric unit that does some simple things as well. The other problem is putting the sources under midi control.. this is going to be expensive and cluttered.

In the immortal words of someone at some point.. "What? No way!".

Imagine there's no Heaven. Ok, now imagine there is a Heaven but our moderators occupy all the bathrooms.
ViperDoc

Post by ViperDoc »

Sounds pretty good to me. Was it easier to mic up? :mrgreen:
Just plug it in, man.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

ViperDoc wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:01 am Sounds pretty good to me. Was it easier to mic up? :mrgreen:

I just ran it into an empty channel on my mixer along side Bandmaster and Liverpool.. umm I could use mults and passive mixing and dump the mixer..

It's hard to say where it ends heh
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Total fail due to lack of ability to operate remotely.

A joke, even. My microwave can pair with my toilet and UA makes pedals for my grandfather.
andyhardy

Post by andyhardy »

The UA bluetooth app is beyond useless. Pedals sound great but come on, it rarely connects even with my phone sitting on top of the bloody thing
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

They sound ok. They are glorious crap. No never ever planned control.

Have fun with your table and pressing buttons like a monkey.. front legs.

lmao
Colossal

Post by Colossal »

Meh, I won't be participating. Thanks for the review!
rooster

Post by rooster »

No UA pedals here but I like my OxBox. I do have a few UA plugins that are OK, but, oh well, all they really do for me is make me wish I had the analog gear.
Most people stall out when fixing a mistake that they've made. Why?