I'm jumping ship.

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Reeltarded

I'm jumping ship.

Post by Reeltarded »

We goin single device and a controller. Neural and my first *new* guitar in maybe 20 years. :)

I am turning vintage Marshalls into technology and gAIn.

10 years ago I was on the right path. Remember when I sold the collection? Never was sad. This should be easy.

QUAD CORTEX AWAY!!
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
Reeltarded

Re: I'm jumping ship.

Post by Reeltarded »

Tony D. Gimme a ring.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
bepone

Post by bepone »

why not.. many advantages.. repeatable sound, easy to record, always the same sound not dependant of the tubes, voltages anything..processors going better and better
Raja_Kentut

Post by Raja_Kentut »

Well, modern times have now left their mark here too... For me, these digital amplifiers are like a vegan soy schnitzel, somehow reasonable but also not the real thing...
Professionally I am also on the silicon and processor side, for me the tube amplifiers (which are actually the opposite of reasonableness) are a relaxing hobby, especially the process of assembling them.
As my great idol Bob Pease said: „My favorite programming language is solder“ :lol:
Nothing is better than an unexpected discovery that brings you happiness!
didit

Post by didit »

Mmmmm --
Reeltarded wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:17 pm QUAD CORTEX AWAY!!
Jumpin' the SHARC.

maxkracht

Post by maxkracht »

Raja_Kentut wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:05 am As my great idol Bob Pease said: „My favorite programming language is solder“
As one of his idols, Bob Widlar said, "any idiot can count to one"

Haven't played with the newer digital stuff, but I'm sure it's great. Just need to get an air freshener that smells like burning dust to make it feel authentic.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

It's a Roland Cube 20 for grownups.. ok.. "the elderly".. fine. This is only *not* someone's grandfather's amp because I don't have kids. :)

First thing I noticed was there isn't even one dB of clean bleeding through in even the dirtiest patches. Other devices have a direct tinkling sound the distortion rides on. These things sound like lots of real amps. The clean sounds don't sound like finger noise.

Pretty damned real, in hyper-surreal way. Lovely!
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Raja_Kentut wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:05 am Well, modern times have now left their mark here too... For me, these digital amplifiers are like a vegan soy schnitzel, somehow reasonable but also not the real thing...
Professionally I am also on the silicon and processor side, for me the tube amplifiers (which are actually the opposite of reasonableness) are a relaxing hobby, especially the process of assembling them.
As my great idol Bob Pease said: „My favorite programming language is solder“ :lol:
Welcome to the forum. Your English is much better than you think.