Metal cutters: Ok. I have the profile

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Reeltarded

Metal cutters: Ok. I have the profile

Post by Reeltarded »

I finally found Dunlop stainless triangles, but they are the medium/thin (.2mm) and I can't use them...

I bought them for you. I got them for you so you can get the profile. It will make it much easier for you to cut picks for me if I bought you the pattern. So, I did. You are WELCOME!!

I think the original gauges I used was .5mm and .7mm. I have used much thicker metals.. pre-'64 quarters and half dollars cut into triangles.. but now that YOU HAVE THE PROFILE ALL OF OUR PROBLEMS ARE SOLVED!!

Hell yeah! Now I only need to find out exactly who *you* is and how much this is going to cost us, friend.

-insert Dunlop stainless profile #2 here-
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
Phil_S

Re: Metal cutters: Ok. I have the profile

Post by Phil_S »

Stack them up and make epoxy club sandwiches. 3 of them with epoxy will be around .7mm and 2 of them will be around .5mm.
BTW, I have no idea WTF you are talking about.
ViperDoc

Post by ViperDoc »

Stainless steel picks? Autoclavable after every gig, nice.
Just plug it in, man.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

I have the profile. Nothing else matters... except for coffee.
IMG_8791.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
cbass

Post by cbass »

I prefer silver picks but every time I make one I lose it immediately. Wich is weird because I don't leave the house with them.
I like the stubby jazz picks but they wear quickly.
I've been experimenting with bone picks I like the feel bit i can't get the plinking sound to stop.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Losing the click is the key, and it is done by exposing only the barest sliver of the pick and muting only that duration with the thumb and index finger.

The smaller the point.. time on the string means noise. Many people would look very hard to see the exposed point when I hold a pick. It is not much more than 3 sheets of toidy printer paper. Tic-Tic not scraaaaape tic scraaaape.