Sloclone Forum login or register failure

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

psychepool

Sloclone Forum login or register failure

Post by psychepool »

hello.
I don't know if it's the right question to ask here, but no matter how much I think about it, there's no other place I can ask.

I asked a question about building a high gain amplifier here, and a member recommended the Sloclone Forum. I got some good information at there and was able to successfully build the amplifier I wanted.
So, I asked again here.
If this is a problem, I will delete this thread. (Or maybe the administrator will delete it?)

I can't log in to the Sloclone forum.
I entered my username and password, but login failed.
May have forgotten my password.

Even if I try to reset the password, it keeps failing.
Even though I thought I answered the anti-spambot questions correctly, I am unable to proceed.
Creating a new account also failed.

Is there a problem with the Sloclone forum?
Or am I missing something?

I found a question about a similar problem here, but I started using Sloclone much later than that thread.
Did some new problem arise in the meantime?
Is that place no longer available?
Last edited by psychepool on Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reeltarded

Re: Sloclone Forum log in or resistor falue

Post by Reeltarded »

It has been a year since a conversation with a friend who mentioned similar problems.. it may well be dead.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
bepone

Post by bepone »

@psychepool
Nowadays in EU or in US you can buy complete or partial kit for SLO 30-50-100w.. so very simple, boards, components everything.. easy to build actually also without forum..
psychepool

Post by psychepool »

Reeltarded wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:23 am It has been a year since a conversation with a friend who mentioned similar problems.. it may well be dead.
That's bad news. I hope that's not true. There seems to be a login issue periodically there. What is the reason?

bepone wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:38 am @psychepool
Nowadays in EU or in US you can buy complete or partial kit for SLO 30-50-100w.. so very simple, boards, components everything.. easy to build actually also without forum..
The purpose of visiting there is not because of the SLO build. This forum has discussions about the circuits of various high gain amplifiers. Perhaps due to the difficulty of build, it is difficult to find discussions about building high-gain amplifiers elsewhere.
Reeltarded

Re: Sloclone Forum login or register failure

Post by Reeltarded »

We can do HG here.

It won't be today, but I'll bet we can get a topical section for just that. We actually should have a long time ago.

I'll start begging.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
bepone

Post by bepone »

psychepool wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:36 am The purpose of visiting there is not because of the SLO build. This forum has discussions about the circuits of various high gain amplifiers. Perhaps due to the difficulty of build, it is difficult to find discussions about building high-gain amplifiers elsewhere.
i was on this forum 15 yrs ago.. and built many high gain amps, including my own designs.. you can just start the questions and someone will respond :)
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

psychepool wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:35 am I can't log in to the Sloclone forum.
I entered my username and password, but login failed.
May have forgotten my password.
Works for me with my old password, but it seems a little Slo.
I tried the "forgot my password" option and didn't get a mail, so that process seems to be broken.
bepone

Post by bepone »

working for me too, login without problems
Lothy

Post by Lothy »

If you need schematics, layouts etc. for an SLO have a look here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Feel free to contact me, if you have further questions.
Cheers
Gerhard
psychepool

Post by psychepool »

Reeltarded wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:35 am We can do HG here.

It won't be today, but I'll bet we can get a topical section for just that. We actually should have a long time ago.

I'll start begging.
I don't know what kind of amp I'll make next. There are many on the list that are not high gain amps. However, high gain circuits and discussions are always welcome!

bepone wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:27 am i was on this forum 15 yrs ago.. and built many high gain amps, including my own designs.. you can just start the questions and someone will respond :)
It's not like I stop by the Sloclone Forum very often.
Previously, while searching for information on the Diesel VH4 clone, I asked a question here, and a member told me to stop by the Sloclone Forum as there would be a lot of information, so it was my first visit.
Because they had fairly detailed ref, I was able to successfully build VH4 in the desired configuration.

Every time I visited there from time to time, I was able to find circuit diagrams and other references that were difficult to find elsewhere, but since I wasn't that interested in that references at the time, I passed it on and decided to stop by later.
I am now curious about the circuits of some amplifiers and would like to check if there is detailed information or discussion there, but I am unable to log in.

This is by far the place where I have received the most help while building amps.
This may be true elsewhere, but in my country, amp building is not a popular hobby, so there aren't many places where I can get references in my native language or get help with problems in my native language.
Since I am not an electrical major and am still a beginner at amp building, I have been asking basic and general questions here and have always gotten the answers I need.
Because my skills and basic knowledge are lacking compared to the quality of the answers, I don't understand all the high-quality answers, but I'm always trying.
Without Ampgarage I wouldn't have been able to continue this hobby. I always have a grateful heart.
Of course, considering my playing skills, I think I need to practice guitar more than building the amp. Sometimes I hate Ampgarage, which forces me to build an amplifier so that I don't have time to play the guitar. :)

There is currently no specific target I am targeting for build. I'm just looking around to check out the circuit configurations of some amplifiers that I was curious about in passing, or to select candidates for the next amplifier I would like to build.
Thank you for your reply, and I will ask questions here again when I have more detailed goals.

martin manning wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:23 pm Works for me with my old password, but it seems a little Slo.
I tried the "forgot my password" option and didn't get a mail, so that process seems to be broken.
I also previously received a message saying that an email had been sent after I successfully answered the anti-spam question to retrieve my password, but the email never actually arrived.
Because I tend to forget passwords, I have successfully reset my password a few times in the past through password recovery, but it doesn't seem to work now.
Now it seems like the anti-spam question itself doesn't work at all.

bepone wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:03 pm working for me too, login without problems
It sounds like we can log in normally if we know the username and password.
Unfortunately, I seem to have forgotten my password and the forum doesn't give me much opportunity to enter it.
I'm glad the forum isn't dead. I want to find a way to log in.

Lothy wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:33 pm If you need schematics, layouts etc. for an SLO have a look here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Feel free to contact me, if you have further questions.
Cheers
Gerhard
Currently I have no plans to build SLO. Because there are already clone amps based on SLO. (To be exact, a circuit that more closer to Recto)
But this is my first time seeing such detailed information. I think it will be a great reference when making amplifiers other than SLO. Thank you very much for sharing the references!!