Its gonna be a party

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

cbass

Its gonna be a party

Post by cbass »

https://www.ky3.com/2024/02/28/with-one ... r-eclipse/

38 special and Ozark mountain daredevils is gonna be there too. Supposed to be a few hundred million people show up. You guys should come.
ViperDoc

Re: Its gonna be a party

Post by ViperDoc »

Four minutes of totality is super long. If you've never seen the totality of a solar eclipse, go see it. There is truly nothing like it. The sun's corona will be visible to the naked eye. It is surreal.
Just plug it in, man.
cbass

Post by cbass »

Sounds like an occasion to get drunk and pop off some rounds. burn some cars . Maybe even some looting
johnnyreece

Post by johnnyreece »

My city is in one of the 4 minutes of totality areas. The city is really gearing up for it to be a big deal. I guess hotels are all sold-out. My wife opened a candy store downtown last year, so I'm hoping some out-of-towners discover it and spread the word. Just really hoping for no/few clouds that day...
cbass

Post by cbass »

Cool hopefully you guys will sell out. It's gonna be ac4 day deal here. My wife really wants to see 38 special but tickets are 60 bucks! She's never been to a concert so I guess I have to.
A while back I made a joke to her that I spent 600 bucks on motley crue tickets thinking she'd be pissed but she was disappointed that I didn't actually have tickets. :lol:
cbass

Post by cbass »

I looked up tge track at my house it's only 2.5 minutes. In town it's 3 minutes about 30 miles south it's in the 4 minute
pullshocks

Post by pullshocks »

You're going to love it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cbass

Post by cbass »

pullshocks wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:33 pm You're going to love it
Yeah I'm pretty pumped. It's sounds like it's gonna be pandemonium. There's supposed to be 100,000 people in a town of 15,000. Every hotel, has been booked for over 2 year. People are renting out their sheds. We thought about making the 30 minute drive to the center of totality but I think. I'll just stay home and enjoy the 2.5 minutes from my feild.
cbass

Post by cbass »

It was pretty cool the chickens started going in their house to roost.
The traffic was nuts the highway was backed up fir hours.
I heard some vendors complain that no one turned up for the weekend festival all the locals stayed home because of the huge numbers of people predicted to show up but no one got here untill Sunday
johnnyreece

Post by johnnyreece »

We had several people for our downtown festivities, but not nearly the apocalyptic number people were expecting. Actually, my brother has a band, and the promoter cancelled on him last-minute due to not enough people attending their event. Personally, though, the experience was awesome. The last eclipse I saw, I was in elementary school, and we did the "hole in a paper plate and look at the shadow" method, and we weren't in totality. Having seen it now, I'd definitely go a reasonable way out of my way to see it again.