Drooling

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

erwin_ve

Drooling

Post by erwin_ve »

After a couple of years doing jazz gigs and stand-in replacement I'm back in a commercial band playing anything from jazz to rock to funk.
The guys in the band wanted silent rehearsels, so bought a 2nd hand Kemper profiler. I'm impressed, recording at it's best is a decent description.
Doing fast switches between extreme sound or morph between sounds, it's all there with ease.
But...after playing for an hour it's fatiguing.

I have a SSS002 clone together with pedals. Bought a looper switcher. Looper switchers are a Nightmare compared to the ease of a Kemper. After some nerdy programming I could do the most thing like a Kemper.
Any way set it up and played for 4hrs straight on band volume, it sounded so insane good, until my wife called what was the plan for dinner. I had a instant Brain freeze,....she did the cooking :wink:
bepone

Re: Drooling

Post by bepone »

ofcourse but kemper has advantage in consistent recording, which is extremely difficult with any amp and speakers..
kemper has some settings of pick sensitivity, this when setup correctly is ok
erwin_ve

Post by erwin_ve »

bepone wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:14 am ofcourse but kemper has advantage in consistent recording, which is extremely difficult with any amp and speakers..
kemper has some settings of pick sensitivity, this when setup correctly is ok
No complains in general on the Kemper, but rhe Sss002 with pedals is another level. The latter is more inspiring to play. Makes me feel 20yrs younger.
bepone

Post by bepone »

yes tube amps are the best at the end and will remain like that :P
rccolgan

Post by rccolgan »

it's cool to read that you still feel this way after having your SSS 002 for a while! Maybe building that amp and playing through it is the fountain of youth! haha
Ryan
https://www.thetonegeek.com/
erwin_ve

Post by erwin_ve »

Ryan: my mind thinks so, my body aches.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

I hear you, buddy.

Your playing is as great as your amps. You really have a special touch that makes the notes all sound important and sweet.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.