Holding one's Ebay temper

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

skyboltone

Holding one's Ebay temper

Post by skyboltone »

I won an auction for a 117VAC motor for my 230VAC only compressor so I can get on with my Tele build. I paid two times the motor's cost for shipping, understandable. Anyway time goes by. Over a month. No word. No motor.

So I get on the e-mail and rip the guy a new one. He's an 87 with 100% satisfaction, I'm a 198 with 100% satisfaction. Why would he rip me? Anyway, AFTER I pulled him through the knothole I go searching for anything in the old spam folder. Ooops. There it is. He sent it and it was returned as a bad address. I dunno why, the paypal address is a good one.

Moral of story check spam folder first before jumping to conclusions. I appologized profusely so I'm sure we'll end up pals but it really shouldn't happen.
The Last of the World's Great Human Beings
Seek immediate medical attention if you suddenly go either deaf or blind.
If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in five years time there would be a shortage of sand.
CaseyJones

Re: Holding one's Ebay temper

Post by CaseyJones »

So you discovered the one honest seller on eBay.

Ever drive Route 80 between Tahoe and Sacramento? There's a rest area with a puddle full of little black catfish at the top of the ridge. Thousands of 'em, so many catfish you could just about walk across the water on 'em. Everyone who stops tosses what's left of their lunch into the pond. Bottomfeeders when provided with ample food breed like crazy.

I should just stay off eBay, I have enough to gripe about to begin with. eBay sellers represent their damaged merch as the best there is and then even if it has obvious flaws the scarcity of the item is supposed to justify the price.

For a while eBay was really hard on excessive shipping costs, I can see that enforcement of that one has fallen by the wayside. Expect to pay too much for too little and then expect to get bent over on shipping. Expect the seller to pack the item in a big hurry without enough dunnage and then charge a "handling fee" for the service. Expect the item to show up a month later in several large pieces.

The key to avoiding disappointment... LOW EXPECTATIONS!!!!
LarryN

Post by LarryN »

I always ask for a shipping fee in advance and since I buy speakers a lot, I ask the seller to pack a certain way. If I can't get a shipping quote max or if there's a handling fee, I don't bid, period. I don't have any patience for gougers.
drhulsey

Post by drhulsey »

skyboltone wrote: ... Moral of story check spam folder first before jumping to conclusions....
That's one of the downsides of e-interaction of any kind– No face-to-face :(
Tim

In case the NSA is listening, KMA!
ampdoc1

Post by ampdoc1 »

HMMMMM! I guess I've been very lucky. I've bought 6-7 guitars, several guitar amplifiers, 2 -cassette decks, tools, tubes, etc.
I've never asked for special packing or anything else, yet everything I've bought has arrived, well packed and in perfect shape. Also, no bad dealers.

KNOCK ON WOOD!

ampdoc
Structo

Post by Structo »

Very, very lucky.....
I don't buy much on the bay and when I do it is usually a small item.
Bought a strat neck one time for cheap, it arrived damaged and the guy was a real tool about it. Single cardboard no padding. End of the rosewood was mangled.
But it was only $45 so I wasn't out that much. Just chocked it up to a lesson learned...
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!