Ahh..... if only I didnt have to work for a living

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

declan

Ahh..... if only I didnt have to work for a living

Post by declan »

How many of you guys are retired or otherwise free of the enslavement of a 9-5 job?

If only i didnt have a mortgage I would be building amps and playing guitar all day long or gigging for peanuts at one of the local bars.

aint the simple things in life the best, stuff the money and stuff the career ladder climbing ... tis all a load of bull anyway.

thats me just had one guinness too many :oops: ..... back to the treadmill in the morning
Buschman

Re: Ahh..... if only I didnt have to work for a living

Post by Buschman »

I don't have to have the job but the family(spouse and teenagers) are pretty spoiled to food water and electricity-and cell phone - high definition tv-credit cards. Merlot for me. Hang in there man.
I've got blisters on my fingers!
skyboltone

Post by skyboltone »

Six Saturdays a week for me. Still got no time. I got a wife!
The Last of the World's Great Human Beings
Seek immediate medical attention if you suddenly go either deaf or blind.
If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in five years time there would be a shortage of sand.
CaseyJones

Post by CaseyJones »

declan wrote:aint the simple things in life the best, stuff the money and stuff the career ladder climbing ... tis all a load of bull anyway.
How's the view when you look up the corporate ladder? 'Cuz every time I looked up the corporate ladder all I saw was the big ass of the guy who got there ahead o' me. Some people think they can kiss that ass 'til it gets outta whe way. 'Tain't so. :twisted:
Bear

Post by Bear »

Casey reminds me of my wife's favorite model of corporate life and perspectives there-in:

Imagine a tree full of monkeys reaching up into the sky. The monkeys at the top look down and all the see is smiling monkeys. The monkeys beneath look up and all they see is a bunch of @ssholes.

Bear
declan

Post by declan »

I spent 5 years at war with my last two corporate asses, one eventually got cancer and left, the next one was moved on. While I wouldn't wish cancer on even my worst enemy, I am enjoying being left alone to do my job these days. It still takes 40 hours a week of my time, too damn much IMO.

saw an interesting article recently about some lady who won a bet by living for a year on £1 a day...... so i guess anything is possible, .... wonder if I can sell the wife on ebay :D
Tubetwang

Post by Tubetwang »

enough material to write a swell blues song right there... :roll: :lol: :lol:
CaseyJones

Post by CaseyJones »

Bear wrote:Imagine a tree full of monkeys reaching up into the sky. The monkeys at the top look down and all the see is smiling monkeys. The monkeys beneath look up and all they see is a bunch of @ssholes.
I guess that's o.k. if you like @$$h01e$. I can't imagine why the monkeys underneath are smiling otherwise.

There are a lot of good ideas out there. The businesses most in need of good ideas largely ignore good ideas. They're too busy solving problems that might have been avoided with the right ideas, the right people and the right plan.

"Teamwork": "Let's all pull together". In practice we pull and they ride free.
declan wrote:I saw an interesting article recently about some lady who won a bet by living for a year on £1 a day...... so i guess anything is possible, .... wonder if I can sell the wife on ebay :D
Selling the wife on eBay is against eBay rules.

Sure I can live for a pound a day, that works out to around $1.80 today. I'll just steal a shopping cart from Mall Wart, abandon most of my stuff, stick the rest in my cart and live under a bridge. $1.80 buys me a cuppa. I guess I'll just piss myself to keep warm in a couple months.

I watched a thing on Trash TV a while back about a woman who was feedin' her family for $12.00 per week by clippin' coupons. Can be done I guess. But... try to buy fresh veggies wif coupons. How 'bout a coupon for meat? From what I gather their diet was heavy on the pasta. They looked like The Human Manicotti, all stuffed, white and pasty.
Tubetwang wrote:enough material to write a swell blues song right there... :roll: :lol: :lol:
Sure. "The Pinstriped @$$h01e Blues". Sounds like a song about my tattoo! :twisted:
Tubetwang

Post by Tubetwang »

Sure I can live for a pound a day, that works out to around $1.80 today. I'll just steal a shopping cart from Mall Wart, abandon most of my stuff, stick the rest in my cart and live under a bridge.

Casey my man...

why don't you steal a train instead...we could all see you on the 6 o'clock news...

Just let us know ahead please...i'll get more malt...

Or at least go for a golf kart? :roll:

Stealing and living off a Wall-Mart shopping cart will only get you in trouble...cuz...the police is up to it...

Have fun :lol:

Major Twang
CaseyJones

Post by CaseyJones »

CaseyJones wrote:Sure I can live for a pound a day, that works out to around $1.80 today. I'll just steal a shopping cart from Mall Wart, abandon most of my stuff, stick the rest in my cart and live under a bridge.
Come to think of it I probably can live on a pound a day. As long as it's a pound o' salami from the Mall-Wart Superstore. I'll be livin' high off the hog if I can mooch a quarter to buy a Sam's Club cola to wash it down.
Tubetwang wrote:Stealing and living off a Wall-Mart shopping cart will only get you in trouble...cuz...the police is up to it...
There's a Mall-Wart cart / trailer park connection.

A couple towns over there's a big-ass trailer park right next to the Mall-Wart. The place is pretty rough, missionaries won't go in there. True story. The residents stagger over to the store, grab a cart, fill it full o' food stamp loot then schlep it back to the trailer park. There must be a hundred carts in a big ol' pile out by the drive, they're the new suburban debris. Shit to throw in the river for those who don't have tires I guess.

Here's the thing: They hike over to the store empty handed then bring a cart back. Big surplus o' carts at the trailer park 'cuz they only travel in one direction. "You're either part of the problem or part of the solution." Problem is everyone sits on their hands and waits fer somone else to sort it out. They're too apathetic even to get angry. Not angry with any focus or productive direction, anyway.

I prefer to be proactive. I cause problems instead of waitin' fer 'em to happen on their own! :twisted:
Icetech

Post by Icetech »

i couldn't handle not working, my time off work is spent waiting to go back to work... don't know how retired guys handle it
Hey man, you're leanin on my dream......
CaseyJones

Post by CaseyJones »

Icetech wrote:i couldn't handle not working, my time off work is spent waiting to go back to work... don't know how retired guys handle it
So you must be... umm... I got it! A gynecologist. :lol:
Icetech

Post by Icetech »

I do computer work actually.. i work like 60-65 hours a week.. and nothing to do on my time off
Hey man, you're leanin on my dream......
Tubetwang

Post by Tubetwang »

Icetech wrote:I do computer work actually.. i work like 60-65 hours a week.. and nothing to do on my time off
Nothing to do on your time off?

Really?? :shock:

I retired 8 years ago...and amp still busy...

Otherwise, i would probably do some community work like bringing back Wall-Mart shopping carts to Wall-Mart...sort of giving back to the society... :roll:

Major Twang
CaseyJones

Post by CaseyJones »

Icetech wrote:I do computer work actually.. i work like 60-65 hours a week.. and nothing to do on my time off
I know just what you mean.

Back in me roadie days... days of boredom offset by seconds of excitement. Setting up for the show is cool. The show is beyond cool. Tearing down after the show is cool. In between shows you might as well get really wasted, it makes "nothing happening at all" sound exciting by comparison.