Countdown to armageddon

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

skyboltone

Countdown to armageddon

Post by skyboltone »

http://www.nadypro.com/pd_gth-100_tube_amp_head.cfm

I think I'm gonna hurl. The Chinese can make all the parts and assemble them for less than half the cost of the parts alone here. I don't care if it sounds like shite. I'm fast becoming an economic isolationist. If the transformers were any good I'd buy a couple to part out.

I know I posted one of these recently but this is too much. Where's my razor blade
The Last of the World's Great Human Beings
Seek immediate medical attention if you suddenly go either deaf or blind.
If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in five years time there would be a shortage of sand.
doctord02

Re: Countdown to armageddon

Post by doctord02 »

Bah, no self respecting rocker will play anything that boring looking. Pony up the extra 200 and get yerself a Bugera 333XL. Also made in China, engineered in Germany.
Jammin'John

Owww

Post by Jammin'John »

Mackie..........Nady..........same thing.
Big names that send jobs to china.
After a while no matter how cheap the china stuff is we won't be able to buy it 'cause we won't have a job !
Then they can stick 'em up their asses.

JJ
Let's ride/Let's Jam
CaseyJones

Post by CaseyJones »

Got a schematic? I'd laugh my ass off if it's a Chinese SLO copy!

It's our own damn fault. Like I said, gear seems to come after beer and a baggie on many musician's priority lists. Time and time again I hear guys asking, "How much tone can I buy for $300?" "How much tone can I buy for $500?"

The answer of course is that "good" transformers cost $300. "Good" tubes cost another $200, that doesn't pay for the chassis, that doesn't pay for the cabinet, that doesn't pay for the big ol' baggie full o' odd parts. That sure as hell doesn't pay a round eyes like yer humble narrator to piss away what adds up to a couple days worth of labor to put the damn thing together.

It's like the restaraunt down the street goin' outta business 'cuz all of a sudden everyone "prefers" Spaghetti-Os.

Guess it's all they can afford. :twisted:
chief mushroom cloud

Post by chief mushroom cloud »

CaseyJones wrote: It's our own damn fault. Like I said, gear seems to come after beer and a baggie on many musician's priority lists. Time and time again I hear guys asking, "How much tone can I buy for $300?" "How much tone can I buy for $500?"

The answer of course is that "good" transformers cost $300. "Good" tubes cost another $200, that doesn't pay for the chassis, that doesn't pay for the cabinet, that doesn't pay for the big ol' baggie full o' odd parts. That sure as hell doesn't pay a round eyes like yer humble narrator to piss away what adds up to a couple days worth of labor to put the damn thing together.

It's like the restaraunt down the street goin' outta business 'cuz all of a sudden everyone "prefers" Spaghetti-Os.

Guess it's all they can afford. :twisted:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Right on.
dartanion

Post by dartanion »

Take your $300 -$500 bucks and buy used gear.

There are a ton of great amps out there that sell for dirt cheap as they are not popular with the "gear gurus" of certain forums.

Lots of old Gibsons, Magnatones, Supro, SF Bassman, etc. that all sell in this range.
Eardrums!!! We don't need no stinkin' eardrums!
Structo

Post by Structo »

Those Bugera's are getting rave reviews.

A guy I know on another forum got the 333XL head and 412 cab and he loves his.

Claims he can go from blues to metal easily with it.
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
CaseyJones

Post by CaseyJones »

dartanion wrote:Take your $300 -$500 bucks and buy used gear.

There are a ton of great amps out there that sell for dirt cheap as they are not popular with the "gear gurus" of certain forums.

Lots of old Gibsons, Magnatones, Supro, SF Bassman, etc. that all sell in this range.
Oh, no doubt.

The problem is, though, that we'll trade $h!t that's in the loop already hand to hand until the music stops, that doesn't add any value to the system. About the only "value" out there is the fact the old $h!t was built like a tank which mAkEs the NeW $h!t look like... erm....

Same old deal. No value added = no value. We can work off the old economic model, as long as there are new frontiers and cheap labor (or cheap energy) there's enough dough to go around. Well waidaminnit, the Wild West already been won! We can re-settle say, umm, Detroit... or maybe Flint... but for some reason it don't have the same sparkle the second time around.

The thing that blows my mind is that various pinstriped dudes managed to ring up a half a trillion or so tab and it's all on us. It'd downright theft of an astonishing magnitude. IMHO what we need is a good lynching or two or maybe dozens. I'm not talking mob rule, everyone should get their day in court. Then lynch 'em! Due process. Shucks, Hussein got "due process". How'd that play out?! :twisted: :lol:
Abstract

Post by Abstract »

doctord02 wrote:Bah, no self respecting rocker will play anything that boring looking. Pony up the extra 200 and get yerself a Bugera 333XL. Also made in China, engineered in Germany.

Ripping off an American design...

no thanks.
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Nady has had this amp out for quite some time in 2006 I am sure is when I first saw it. I was going to order one then but decided what the heck for most of the stuff is crap. I have heard the logal guys saying the Bugera is better than the stuff Marshall is putting out in the lower end bracket and they like the amp. I want to build my own so will keep buying parts as long as I can.

Mark
skyboltone

Post by skyboltone »

The Last of the World's Great Human Beings
Seek immediate medical attention if you suddenly go either deaf or blind.
If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in five years time there would be a shortage of sand.
CaseyJones

Post by CaseyJones »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Martin replica toilet seat. Made in China. Available at Mall-Wart in time for Christmas... :twisted: