To those who voted.

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Abstract

Re: To those who voted.

Post by Abstract »

I like tubetwang. I agree with most of his philosophy. I'd say that most of the country does too, seeing how they just voted.

Perhaps we should "bail out" healthcare? More "free" money for the pos corporations that can't manage themselves properly in the first place.

Wanna "fix" healthcare? Fix the insurance racket....'cept they're already a "fixed" of a different sort. And with all the $$$ they give to Washington...NUTHIN is ever gonna change...

...'till we get mad enough.
Abstract

Post by Abstract »

Let's travel down the "mad enough" road for a bit.

What if we got "mad enough" at the politicians...the legislators...the rule makers? What if we didn't like the govt, and what they were doing with "our money", so much that we decided to do something about it?

How would/could it happen?

If it did happen...would an enemy (latent or blatent) decend on us to scavage what they could for themselves? Wouldn't Russia/China (insert boogieman of choice) like to have a say in what happens?

Would the world view us as "Too big to fail" or would they encourage it?
bnwitt

Post by bnwitt »

Abstract wrote:I like tubetwang. I agree with most of his philosophy. I'd say that most of the country does too, seeing how they just voted.
And that is precisely why things continue to get worse in this country. The federal government is an entitlement tumor that will kill the golden goose of capitalism. It’s not a matter of whom or what you bail out; it’s whether or not there should be any bail outs at all. You obviously missed stelligan’s most informative post. Here it is again for you to contemplate:

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years.

Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage."

I would change the work "democracy" to "omnipotent central government run by the people"

I would say that people of this country voted for Obama or McCain because they don’t have a clue what is really going on.

http://howobamagotelected.com/

Somehow I think you could get similar results interviewing McCain supporters as well. Whatching that video sent chills down my spine. It is apparent that a huge percentage of the electorate is totally clueless.
Great things happen in a vacuum
Abstract

Post by Abstract »

bnwitt wrote:
Abstract wrote:I like tubetwang. I agree with most of his philosophy. I'd say that most of the country does too, seeing how they just voted.
And that is precisely why things continue to get worse in this country. The federal government is an entitlement tumor that will kill the golden goose of capitalism. It’s not a matter of whom or what you bail out; it’s whether or not there should be any bail outs at all. You obviously missed stelligan’s most informative post. Here it is again for you to contemplate:

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years.

Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage."

I would say that people of this country voted for Obama or McCain because they don’t have a clue what is really going on.

http://howobamagotelected.com/

Somehow I think you could get similar results interviewing McCain supporters as well.

Good quote...I have read/said that many times before.

I voted...but I didn't vote for either of the two you mentioned.

About interviewing "random" people. First and foremost, you shouldn't show or even allude to any of the smart ones. As well, you should try to confuse all of them as to your true intentions. This creates the perfect opportunity to show "regular" people (whom you disagree with) as dolts.
bnwitt

Post by bnwitt »

so get off your butt and go feed and meet them friend. Somehow I think you weren't at the events
Abstract

Post by Abstract »

bnwitt wrote:
And that is precisely why things continue to get worse in this country. The federal government is an entitlement tumor that will kill the golden goose of capitalism. It’s not a matter of whom or what you bail out; it’s whether or not there should be any bail outs at all.

And there should, most assuredly, be NONE!

Dems want bailouts for their interests (corps that employ lots of voters)
Repubs want bailouts for thiers (corps that make them and their friends rich)

F*** 'em all. Start all over clean. Libertarian.
bnwitt

Post by bnwitt »

Abstract wrote:Good quote...I have read/said that many times before.

Good for your

Abstract wrote:About interviewing "random" people. First and foremost, you shouldn't show or even allude to any of the smart ones. As well, you should try to confuse all of them as to your true intentions. This creates the perfect opportunity to show "regular" people (whom you disagree with) as dolts.
Oh come on now. These folks were dolts. Don't know who Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid or Barney Franks are???? These people were not manipulated into appearing uninformed, they were uninformed. There are many more just like them and I speak to them every day. They are as you call them, "the regular" people and that is what scares the crap out of me. How could any adult in this country go to the polls to vote in the presidential election and not know the answers to those 12 simple questions? "I don't own a TV" are you kidding me?
Last edited by bnwitt on Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tubetwang

Post by Tubetwang »

bnwitt

Post by bnwitt »

yep, mentally ill, from poor families just what I said. and did you catch this part:

The most effective programs for homeless and at-risk veterans are community-based, nonprofit,
Last edited by bnwitt on Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abstract

Post by Abstract »

Homelessness doesn't hog as many resources as marijuana enforcement.

Kick the potsmokers outta jail and put the shiftless in.

:lol:

Most of the ppl in jail have mental illness as well...turn the prison system into a "Health Care Facility" and give these doctors some work. It's a govt job too! I think I see a platform developing here.
Last edited by Abstract on Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abstract

Post by Abstract »

bnwitt wrote:
Abstract wrote:Good quote...I have read/said that many times before.

Good for your

Abstract wrote:About interviewing "random" people. First and foremost, you shouldn't show or even allude to any of the smart ones. As well, you should try to confuse all of them as to your true intentions. This creates the perfect opportunity to show "regular" people (whom you disagree with) as dolts.
Oh come on now. These folks were dolts. Don't know who Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid or Barney Franks are???? These people were not manipulated into appearing uninformed, they were uninformed. There are many more just like them and I speak to them every day. They are as you call them, "the regular" people and that is what scares the crap out of me. How could any adult in this country go to the polls to vote in the presidential election and not know the answers to those 12 simple questions? "I don't own a TV" are you kidding me?

My apologies!

I'm fairly restricted about what I can view online. I didn't open the link. My response came from the MULTIPLE stories about exit interviews of people who were TOTALLY screwed up about the position of the person they just voted for.

I've got some GREAT videos of George W mucking up some speeches (question & answer)...wanna see em? It certainly goes both ways.

My point was...if you stand around filming long enough...and ask the right questions...you'll see anything you wanna see. You saw McCain try to grab Obama's ass didn't you?
Last edited by Abstract on Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drhulsey

Post by drhulsey »

Abstract wrote:... Homelessness doesn't hog as many resources as marijuana enforcement...
When I get to be President, we're gonna legalize marijuana and put a 100W amp in every bedroom. Du-u-ude 8) :!: Guitar players will rule, f**k the neighbors :twisted:
Tim

In case the NSA is listening, KMA!