The Gear Page Bruno thread blowup?

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Omar

The Gear Page Bruno thread blowup?

Post by Omar »

I came late into the discussion over at the Gear Page but does any know what happen with the Bruno thread?

Omar
Tone by misadventure
doctord02

Re: The Gear Page Bruno thread blowup?

Post by doctord02 »

the mods just locked the threads last time I checked; the original poster apparently posted pictures of a modded or repaired Bruno and accused Tony Bruno of sloppy workmanship, etc, without all the facts out in the open. Rather than let it spin into a potential legal hassle it got locked down.

Not worth the time it took me to read it all if you want to know the truth...
teleamp

Post by teleamp »

Omar, email me. The guy who posted the pics and comments was a well known amp builder. Probably too much lead fumes, I know it makes me silly sometimes. And as Doctor02 said, it was time wasted reading.

MikeY
What!
dogears

Post by dogears »

THe pics were of a real unmodded Bruno. There are plenty more where they came from. Just clarifying that anyone who says the amp pics were not really as the amp was delivered is deliberately spreading disinformation. No dog in the show. Just pointing out the the pics were real, untouched by any "modder" representations. In fact, I have a couple more sets from Super 100s direct from the original owners. Although not as bad as the ones posted, they are far from neat. Stringers of goo, barely twisted filament wires, etc.......

In the end, all I care about is the tone. Just nipping the pictures were not real thing....

doctord02 wrote:the mods just locked the threads last time I checked; the original poster apparently posted pictures of a modded or repaired Bruno and accused Tony Bruno of sloppy workmanship, etc, without all the facts out in the open. Rather than let it spin into a potential legal hassle it got locked down.

Allynmey
Site Admin

Post by Allynmey »

Dogear, can you send me the pics? I like to see how how they look.

allynmey at aol dot com

Thanks!
macula56

Post by macula56 »

not the neatest work i've seen. but if they sound good, what does it matter?
jazzyjoepass

Post by jazzyjoepass »

Dogears,

Me too. I'd like to see the "artwork" .... pls post to jazzyjoepass at hotmail dot com.

Cheers.
LeftyStrat
Location: Marietta, SC, but my heart and two of my kids are in Seattle, WA

Post by LeftyStrat »

Better yet, post them on http://www.acplink.com/
HeeBGB
Site Admin

Post by HeeBGB »

dogears wrote:THe pics were of a real unmodded Bruno. There are plenty more where they came from. Just clarifying that anyone who says the amp pics were not really as the amp was delivered is deliberately spreading disinformation. No dog in the show. Just pointing out the the pics were real, untouched by any "modder" representations. In fact, I have a couple more sets from Super 100s direct from the original owners. Although not as bad as the ones posted, they are far from neat. Stringers of goo, barely twisted filament wires, etc.......

In the end, all I care about is the tone. Just nipping the pictures were not real thing....

doctord02 wrote:the mods just locked the threads last time I checked; the original poster apparently posted pictures of a modded or repaired Bruno and accused Tony Bruno of sloppy workmanship, etc, without all the facts out in the open. Rather than let it spin into a potential legal hassle it got locked down.

Actually I heard that amp was a prototype! I know that Tony does sell his proto-types. I owned one. It was an Underground 30 with a tube based effects loop instead of the Reverb in a 3x10 cab. There were also other pics of a Cowtipper posted that were much neater. Not stellar but neater.

I agree with the earlier poster who said "What difference does it make. If it sounds good and is reliable...who cares!"

Andy Fuchs is the one who posted those pics and critiqued the work. I've met Andy and I read his original posting of the pics and I don't think he meant any malice. I personally wouldn't have posted them but that's me. Anyone who has ever played a Bruno cannot deny that they sound incredible!
dogears

Post by dogears »

My sentiments exactly!! You should see my "prototypes"!!

It was amazing how all pictures of Brunos that are not spic and span were suddenly Frankenstein bastard mods from other people and not the real things.

Tone is all that matters to me. However, the electrical tape was a bit too much for even my Oscar Madison eye!

HeeBGB wrote:
dogears wrote:THe pics were of a real unmodded Bruno. There are plenty more where they came from. Just clarifying that anyone who says the amp pics were not really as the amp was delivered is deliberately spreading disinformation. No dog in the show. Just pointing out the the pics were real, untouched by any "modder" representations. In fact, I have a couple more sets from Super 100s direct from the original owners. Although not as bad as the ones posted, they are far from neat. Stringers of goo, barely twisted filament wires, etc.......

Actually I heard that amp was a prototype! I know that Tony does sell his proto-types. I owned one. It was an Underground 30 with a tube based effects loop instead of the Reverb in a 3x10 cab. There were also other pics of a Cowtipper posted that were much neater. Not stellar but neater.

I agree with the earlier poster who said "What difference does it make. If it sounds good and is reliable...who cares!"

Andy Fuchs is the one who posted those pics and critiqued the work. I've met Andy and I read his original posting of the pics and I don't think he meant any malice. I personally wouldn't have posted them but that's me. Anyone who has ever played a Bruno cannot deny that they sound incredible!
jazzyjoepass

Post by jazzyjoepass »

I guess none of the other cloners have beautiful prototypes - get it up working first then talk about cosmetics ....

Anyone has ugly pics of a Dumble?
Rob Livesey

Post by Rob Livesey »

Hi Chaps,

I know which amp your are talking about here. I too have pics of the inside of that Super 100 but have never posted them anywhere as I don't get into that kind of thing.

Anyway, the amp belonged to a good friend of mine AND I heard this amp gigged, with a great band and my friend is a great player. The amp sounded fabulous, no question. I sat in the front row and was amazed at how good it sounded.

I too am hung up about how an amp looks inside and build quality etc, but if it doesn't particularly matter to you then that Super 100 would be just as usable as any other amp you could find in its class.

Hmm....

Rob.
------------------
Rob Livesey
Manchester, UK
------------------
pedro

Post by pedro »

Rob,

good to see you here ,
I found your site a long time ago when scouring the net for Dumble info.

Are you at the Colne Blues festival later this year ?
I'm in Leeds - just finishing a prototype 50Watt ODS build at moment after lots of help from a few people on the Dumble discussion forum - one in particular who you will know of.

Would like to check out your band sometime of your gigging near Leeds/ West Yorks.

Would be interested in sharing some info on these amps etc

Cheers
Pete C ( pedro )
Rob Livesey

Post by Rob Livesey »

pedro wrote:Rob,

good to see you here ,
I found your site a long time ago when scouring the net for Dumble info.

Are you at the Colne Blues festival later this year ?
I'm in Leeds - just finishing a prototype 50Watt ODS build at moment after lots of help from a few people on the Dumble discussion forum - one in particular who you will know of.

Would like to check out your band sometime of your gigging near Leeds/ West Yorks.

Would be interested in sharing some info on these amps etc

Cheers
Pete C ( pedro )
Hi,
I'm doing my utmost to get on at Colne and have been promised gigs but nothing in writing yet. Played the Super Roadhouse Stage on the Saturday last year and had a great time.
I played last Monday in Huddersfield at The Head of Steam!! That would have been pretty local to you. I don't think we'll be over your way for a while now.

Cheers,
Rob.
------------------
Rob Livesey
Manchester, UK
------------------
Darkbluemurder

Post by Darkbluemurder »

macula56 wrote:not the neatest work i've seen. but if they sound good, what does it matter?
Good point. Immaculate workmanship does not guarantee good tone. The design and materials chosen account for as least as much.