One of my favorites

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

skyboltone

One of my favorites

Post by skyboltone »

Here's one of my favorite songs, done by three or four of my favorite musicians. Listen to how seamless George's lead sits in the mix. I imagine Bob's done that sone three or 4 thousand times. He's got it down pretty good now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjmJmm3kV38

Is that Ringo horsing around on the tamborine? Leon looks like he needs to start working out.
The Last of the World's Great Human Beings
Seek immediate medical attention if you suddenly go either deaf or blind.
If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in five years time there would be a shortage of sand.
Ron Worley

Re: One of my favorites

Post by Ron Worley »

This is from the Concert for Bangladesh, I believe...

I liked Leon's "Young Blood" and "Jumpin Jack Flash"... I played the hell out of this album as a kid.
Ron
skyboltone

Post by skyboltone »

Ron Worley wrote:This is from the Concert for Bangladesh, I believe...

I liked Leon's "Young Blood" and "Jumpin Jack Flash"... I played the hell out of this album as a kid.
I believe you're right on the Bangleadesh part. I love Leon. He doen't get a lot of play for some reason. Brilliant song writer in his own right. "Back to the Island" and "I'm Singin' This Song for You" being particular favorites of mine.
If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in five years time there would be a shortage of sand.
Ron Worley

Post by Ron Worley »

He's a crazy Oakie hippy and certainly an acquired taste, but he was great in a Dr. John kinda way....
Ron
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

"The Concert for Bangladesh" I have that album with picture booklet that came with it in a box set. Plan to convert it over to CD when I get done farting around with the amp building.

Mark
Ron Worley

Post by Ron Worley »

I have boxes of LPs that I would love to dump to MP3... but sadly no turntable anymore!

I have that Album too with the booklet as well... along with a ton of early 70s and on stuff... what a waste....
Ron
Blind Lemon

Post by Blind Lemon »

Hey theres no "a" Okie. but theres a lot of crazy in us.

My wife grew up about a half mile from Leon when he lived in Tulsa. Big house with a big wall and lots of parties.

BL
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Ron,

I went the easy route and bought a turntable from musiciansfriend.com that has a USB cable and comes with software to load on your PC. It allows me to record vary easily and make CDs. I record each song on a separate track so when you make a CD I can then choose to click to the next song just like any commerical CD does. Otherwise, it would all be one long file.

The only problem with all this easy recording is that I am not dedicated to spending the time to record all my albums that I kept while others practically gave theirs away.

Mark
Ron Worley

Post by Ron Worley »

Blind Lemon wrote:Hey theres no "a" Okie. but theres a lot of crazy in us.

My wife grew up about a half mile from Leon when he lived in Tulsa. Big house with a big wall and lots of parties.

BL
I should know that.... my mother grew up in McAlester...DOH! And she is definitely crazy.....

Mark, that's really cool product there..... I must get one!! Thanks for the head's up. :D
Ron
skyboltone

Post by skyboltone »

I guess we all got some in us. My grandmother, mothers side, was from Tahlequah. Born in Springdale, Arkansas. She always used to say there was only two things she couldn't stand. One of them was prejudice, the other was Texans. :lol:
Abstract

Post by Abstract »

skyboltone wrote:I guess we all got some in us. My grandmother, mothers side, was from Tahlequah. Born in Springdale, Arkansas. She always used to say there was only two things she couldn't stand. One of them was prejudice, the other was Texans. :lol:
Hey, I was born in Springdale, AR too! :o
Blind Lemon

Post by Blind Lemon »

She always used to say there was only two things she couldn't stand. One of them was prejudice, the other was Texans.
Spoken like a true Okie. :mrgreen: Was she Cherokee, Tahlequah's our national seat for the western tribe.

BL
Ron Worley

Post by Ron Worley »

skyboltone wrote:I guess we all got some in us. My grandmother, mothers side, was from Tahlequah. Born in Springdale, Arkansas. She always used to say there was only two things she couldn't stand. One of them was prejudice, the other was Texans. :lol:
My mom was however born in TX, so maybe it's a internal dialog that really adds to the crazy....

I've lived in TX longer than anywhere else and it's home for my kids, so I will disavow any OKIE ties.... particularly during the football season!!

Hook 'em Baby!!
Ron
Blind Lemon

Post by Blind Lemon »

It's at this point that things could turn real bad...........I'm taken the high road....we don't need any cross border skirmishes. :lol: :lol: LOL
Ron Worley

Post by Ron Worley »

It's OK, I know it's really hard to admit that UT should have been playing Florida... :D :twisted:

I have too much family in OK to throw too much shit.... My great grandmother was 100% Cherokee and mom's whole family is there....

Let's just say that my Aunt (mom's sister) and I have some lively exchanges regarding Red River diplomacy.... :shock:
Ron