MADE in CHINA

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

billyz

MADE in CHINA

Post by billyz »

THE CAN FROM CHINA

I WAS BUYING FOOD THE OTHER DAY AT THE COUNTRY MARKET.

ON THE LABEL OF SOME PRODUCTS IT SAID 'FROM CHINA'.

FOR EXAMPLE THE "OUR FAMILY" BRAND OF THE MANDARIN ORANGES SAYS RIGHT ON THE CAN 'FROM CHINA'.

I WAS SHOCKED!!

SO FOR A FEW MORE CENTS I BOUGHT THE LIBERTY GOLD BRAND OR THE DOLE SINCE IT'S FROM CALIF.

TAKES FOREVER JUST TO BUY FOOD AND DO LABEL READING ! !

Are we Americans as dumb as we appear --- or --- is it that we just do not think? While the Chinese, knowingly and intentionally, export inferior and even toxic products and dangerous toys and goods to be sold in American markets, the media wrings its hands and criticizes the ex-Bush Administration for perceived errors.

Yet 70% of Americans believe that the trading privileges afforded to the Chinese should be suspended.

Well, duh..why do you need the government to suspend trading privileges?

SIMPLY DO IT YOURSELF, AMERICA!!

Simply look on the bottom of every product you buy, and if it says 'Made in China' or 'PRC' (and that now includes Hong Kong), simply choose another product, or none at all. You will be amazed at how dependent you are on Chinese products, and you will be equally amazed at what you can do without.

Who needs plastic eggs to celebrate Easter? If you must have eggs, use real ones and benefit some American farmer. Easter is just an example, the point is do not wait for the government to act. Just go ahead and assume control on your own.

THINK ABOUT THIS: If 200 million Americans refuse to buy just $20 each of Chinese goods, that's a billion dollar trade imbalance resolved in our favor...fast!!

The downside? Some American businesses will feel a temporary pinch from having foreign stockpiles of inventory. Wahhhhhhhhhhhh !!!

The solution? Let's give them fair warning and send our own message. Most of the people who have been reading about this matter are planning on implementing this on June
4, and continue it until July 4. That is only one month of trading losses, but it will hit the Chinese for 1/12th of the total, or 8%, of their American exports. Then they will at least have to ask themselves if the benefits of their arrogance and lawlessness were worth it.

Remember, June 4 to July 4. {personally, I say, "why stop July 4th ??!!...just don't buy products MADE IN CHINA...at all..." >sajs}

Send this to everybody you know. Let's show them that we are Americans and NOBODY can take us for granted.

If we can't live without cheap Chinese goods for one month out of our lives, WE DESERVE WHAT WE GET!

Pass it on, America
Structo

Re: MADE in CHINA

Post by Structo »

That's only the tip of the iceberg.
Not only are they holding most of our debt, but they are also making a lot of parts used in our national defense systems.......

One of these days we're gonna wake up and smell the tea.

And it ain't gonna be that herbal crap the health food stores sell.
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
Guy G

Post by Guy G »

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 7695921912

This is an excellent movie that every sane person should see.
turn on, tune in, drop out.
CaseyJones

Post by CaseyJones »

billyz wrote:FOR EXAMPLE THE "OUR FAMILY" BRAND OF THE MANDARIN ORANGES SAYS RIGHT ON THE CAN 'FROM CHINA'.
Where do you think Mandarin oranges come from?

Next thing you know you'll want U.S. made lychee nuts. Or U.S. made fortune cookies. BTW most of the fortune cookies sold in the U.S. are U.S. made, they come from a basement sweat shop in Brooklyn. I'm sure West Coast fortune cookies come from a sweat shop in Oakland.
billyz wrote:Are we Americans as dumb as we appear ---

No, we're dumber. Be cause every time I think we're just as stupid as can be someone comes along and lowers the bar.

Intelligence is anti-Nature. God loves stupid critters, they get to breed a lot. They have large litters and they spend their time sunning themselves on the grass. The smarter we get, the more we pave over God's green Earth. We piss in the rivers, we trample the grass, we wrap anything we don't pave in plastic.
billyz wrote:The solution? Let's give them fair warning and send our own message. Most of the people who have been reading about this matter are planning on implementing this on June
4, and continue it until July 4. That is only one month of trading losses, but it will hit the Chinese for 1/12th of the total, or 8%, of their American exports. Then they will at least have to ask themselves if the benefits of their arrogance and lawlessness were worth it.
Yeah, right. Who is the last kid picked in this picture?

Like all the dee-dee-dees who shop at Mall-Wart are gonna give up their Sam's Club cola for a month. Don't hold yer breath...

Fair warning? Anyone ever explain "leverage" to ya? We're bent over so far to China, who do you think "buys" our debt? Every time we increase the National Debt we're more sold out to China. The war in Iraq... funded by debt to China. The Economic Stimulus Plan... funded by debt to China. Yeah, we're at war. It's an economic war. Buy all the debt then call in the note. Yippee! We Win!

Hey! How come I have to wear this little grey hat wif a red star on it?!!! :twisted:
I believe in this and it's tested by research...
billyz

Post by billyz »

Well, I posted that little ditty because I happen to agree with it in principal. Mandarin oranges come from all over the world, BTW. Maybe Mandarin oranges was a poor example though. However, I have been trying to avoid Chinese crap for quite awhile myself. Sometimes it is impossible to Not buy chinese, that is really a bad feeling.

Funny thing is sometimes chinese is not the lest expensive. I recently bought a new pair of wire strippers from Fry's. Every one was chinese made, except the one I bought, made in Italy. It cost a little less and It was better too.

Yes, We are selling ourselves to the Chinese, CHEAP.

As for myself, I will continue to look at labels and see where the thing I am contemplating purchasing is made.

I tease my wife that someday we will all drive a chinese car. I hope I never do.

It is still a free country ,so you can support whoever you want, even the chinese.

8)
Tubetwang

Post by Tubetwang »

India is coming along purty good also...

Tata is popping a 2500$ vehicule...

Money talks, bullshit walks... :roll:

Every country eventually gets it's 15 minutes...

Can't stay on top forever...
CaseyJones

Post by CaseyJones »

billyz wrote:Funny thing is sometimes chinese is not the lest expensive. I recently bought a new pair of wire strippers from Fry's. Every one was chinese made, except the one I bought, made in Italy. It cost a little less and It was better too.
Chinese strippers. THERE'S a topic I can sink my teeth into! :lol:

We have a Chinese restaraunt I go to just to check out the babe who works there. She's gorgeous!! Small but perfectly formed. I'm droolin' just thinkin' about her. Plate o' lo mein, maybe? :lol:
billyz wrote: Yes, We are selling ourselves to the Chinese, CHEAP.
I'll give myself to the Chinese. Just send me a few more like her. Hell, I'll settle for just one if she's it. :lol:
Tubetwang wrote:Can't stay on top forever...
Oh, c'mon. She can't weigh more than 100 pounds or so... :twisted:
I believe in this and it's tested by research...
Baxtercat

Post by Baxtercat »

...and she's probably really adept at wiring, routing, and soldering!
Guitar Bob
Tubetwang

Post by Tubetwang »

Europeans came to America and fucked around with the Americans (Native Indians), taking over their land...

They then proceded to have the Chinese build a track for them locomotives and trains...

Casey got a job.

Chinese folks worked hard...and, were fucked around also...

Made in China IS the Dragon's revenge...
tonestack

Post by tonestack »

I believe that the single largest holder of U.S. public debt is the Federal Old Age, Survivors, and Disability Insurance (OASDI) Fund (a.k.a. the Social Security Trust Fund). Over 2.2 trillion dollars is owed to the OASDI Fund. This figure basically represents the FICA surplus that was generated by and is owed to the "Baby Boom" generation.
sidehatch

Post by sidehatch »

I did grocery shopping today and made choices pertaining to made in the USA or not.

I dont know if it will make a difference or not but I am buying USA food.
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

My beer is brewed locally. :)
Andy Le Blanc

Post by Andy Le Blanc »

theres one shoe factory and a couple surviving pulp mills, and except for dairy
farmers who are surviving on subsidy, everything else is either big box or
foreign owned.......where I live.

Its getting to be funny..... but who cares.... we don't live poor

We all should refuse to buy American.... go out and ask if the store or service
provider or whatever your purchasing is made or owned outside of the country.
You wouldn't what to be stuck with any of that fourth rate American stuff.

That would mean you couldn't go to walmart, they sell foreign goodness by
the container load, but its owned by Americans, don't want the money going there.

refuse to eat at mcdonalds until its bought by a respectable foreign firm.
the weight loss will add years to your life.

Its the same problem with all the institutions in the country, we should make
sure that your kids are taught by foreign teachers, that way they'll have a chance.
The problem with law enforcement, government, health care, the military,
and the service sector is they're all run by Americans. Just think of the
cost savings if they were owned and operated by one big multinational
corporate entity, no one would ever have to stoop to any backwards
American notions ever again.

Thank god for the Chinese. If it weren't for them, the world would be
subject to a strong American economy.

The horror.
lazymaryamps
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Living in a rural area I have to wait for freight trains quite often and has anyone else ever notice the freight containers? There all from China.

Myself and most everyone else consume too much and that consumption has to come from some where that big buisness can make large amounts of money by paying a little as they can for overhead, that equates to China.
tonestack

Post by tonestack »

IMHO, most of what has happened to our economy is the result of providing non-targeted preferred tax treatment to capital. The capital gains rate has been ridiculously low since President Reagan's first term in office. For the most part, the highest tax on income earned via long-term capital gains has been <=20% where as the highest tax rate on ordinary income (income earned primarily through work) has been 35%+. This tax scheme (a.k.a the supply-side stimulus) was supposed to generate jobs via investment. Globalization was not the rule when this monetary and taxation scheme was created in the eighties; therefore, investment lifted all boats by creating domestic jobs. However, globalization has nullified the the supply-side effect because companies are now free to source labor outside of U.S. borders. Without targeted tax treatment, companies will continue to shift jobs offshore.