"THOMASS JEFFERSON"

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

johnny riff

"THOMASS JEFFERSON"

Post by johnny riff »

The democracy will cease to exist when you take from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not!!

Ranting out load

Johnny
CaseyJones

Re: "THOMASS JEFFERSON"

Post by CaseyJones »

johnny riff wrote:The democracy will cease to exist when you take from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not!!

Ranting out load

Johnny
Yeah, right bucko. Chew on this:

There ain't enough jobs to go around for those who want them. You want to see revolution? Then stop "propping up the economy" by giving to those in need.
I believe in this and it's tested by research...
johnny riff

Post by johnny riff »

Tell me Aout lt!! So Lets raise TAXES and keep the job givers(SMALL BUSSINESS) gun shy about expanding??

Johnny
CaseyJones wrote:
johnny riff wrote:The democracy will cease to exist when you take from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not!!

Ranting out load

Johnny
Yeah, right bucko. Chew on this:

There ain't enough jobs to go around for those who want them. You want to see revolution? Then stop "propping up the economy" by giving to those in need.
drhulsey

Post by drhulsey »

CaseyJones wrote: ...You want to see revolution? Then stop "propping up the economy" by giving to those in need.
"A little revolution every now and again is a good thing" TJ

If our head-up-its-ass congress would quit spending so much on those who don't WANT to do for themselves, there would be plenty of money to help those REALLY in need :!:
We need a house cleaning, no pun intended, in DC :twisted: We might not have a deficit if all those politicians and bureaucrats would just PAY THEIR TAXES :idea:
If they were all in Washington on a given day and Washington just disappeared from the map, I think we would be better off than we are now :!:
Tim

In case the NSA is listening, KMA!
jaysg

Post by jaysg »

It's a bit like the abortion debate...most things both sides say, are absolutley true...and they're not interested in finding common ground. I'm registered NP, because neither party represents me.

I was just watching the Sunday am shows. Liberman made a good point. When capitalism fails to self-regulate, government's first step should be regulation, not going into direct competition. Give it some time before that step. 2p and out.
drhulsey

Post by drhulsey »

The whole thing requires HONESTY, which seems to be lacking in the corporate
world, certainly in our government, and in the general population.
Is it so-o-o-o difficult :!:
Don't ask for support you could accomplish on your own with a little effort.
Don't take bribes. Don't offer bribes.
Don't lie. Don't cheat.
If you get down to it, if you just apply a basic set of morals –Ten Commandments,
Ten Basic Tenets of Truth, take your pick– you could avoid most of this.
I fear we may be in for a rough ride.
Tim

In case the NSA is listening, KMA!
johnny riff

Post by johnny riff »

AMEN! Doc,
Another quote if I may,From a true American!!

"My reading of history convinces that most bad goverment results from too much goverment"

I'm very concerned with this country.

Johnny
butwhatif

Post by butwhatif »

There'd be plenty for everyone if it weren't for something the forefathers never figured--the unbridled greed of those who can get it off the back of the country. Unfortunately the capitalist system we have here supports these people. I don't know if there's a damn thing the rest of us can do about it. Those people are beyond any commandments. They know no allegiance.
To them the country is here for the taking.
Structo

Post by Structo »

The Health Care thing is just a smoke screen.

Hey look over there!

I don't know if this country can take three more years of this.
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
ToneMerc

Post by ToneMerc »

johnny riff wrote:AMEN! Doc,
Another quote if I may,From a true American!!

"My reading of history convinces that most bad goverment results from too much goverment"

I'm very concerned with this country.

Johnny
What exactly is a "true American" Johnny Riff?

History is also a set of lies agreed upon-Napoleon Bonaparte

Democracy, when was there ever a true Democracy in this country? I have news for you, the utopian world of the Jefferson republic has never existed in this country.

Jefferson also said..... A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.

You rant about big government and leanings of liberty, so where were your complaints when the Patriot Act and its revisions were put into place? Read them, then come talk to me..........

I'm curious, where were all these people that are now worried(in the last 10 months) about this country 4 or 5 years ago? You shouldn't have beleved those spin zone talking heads.

Liberty starts with learning to think on your own.
Life is deaf, knock loud!
johnny riff

Post by johnny riff »

Maybe this country needs to cash&burn before people wake up.

Johnny
CaseyJones

Post by CaseyJones »

drhulsey wrote:If they were all in Washington on a given day and Washington just disappeared from the map, I think we would be better off than we are now :!:
Which is a sick joke on a certain level. It's a sick joke because wild eyed lunatics in turbans want to accomplish exactly that. If you want to understand wild eyed lunatic in turbans... there's yer common ground.

The D.C. metro area has a steaming economy. The McMansions line the ridgelines almost all the way out to Pennsylvania. D.C. is the pulsing heart of the military industrial complex, said complex pumps money into a wide radius around D.C..
butwhatif wrote:There'd be plenty for everyone if it weren't for something the forefathers never figured--the unbridled greed of those who can get it off the back of the country.
Oh, the forefathers knew a thing or two about unbridled greed. They lived their own paradox. "All men are created equal"... yet black men and women were born into slavery for almost 100 years after the American revolution. Many Southern blacks were virtual slaves right through the '60s and beyond, a full century after the Civil War which was supposed to settle that issue. Living a life of luxury funded by wealth generated by slave labor is part of our heritage. Wealth is generated by similar mechanisms today with different beneficiaries.

The First Ammendment gives me the right to shoot off my big mouth. The Second Ammendment gives me the right to shoot off my big gun to get me out of the trouble caused by my big mouth. They tell me there's a dozen or so more Ammendments, I only got as far as the second one... :lol:

The Founding Fathers were armed revolutionaries. We have a term to describe armed revolutionaries these days, they're "insurgents" or "terrorists". Just think back to the American insurrection against the British monarchy, we tend to lose sight of that.

Right or wrong depends on whether you're on the winning side or not. The winners get to write their version of history.

George Washington's descendents trace their lineage back to an especially fetching slave girl... :lol:
ToneMerc wrote:Jefferson also said..... A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.
Jefferson was a slave owner which makes him a hypocrite like nearly everyone else. I have little problem with hypocrites, it's an ancient and "honorable" society... :lol:
I believe in this and it's tested by research...
ToneMerc

Post by ToneMerc »

CaseyJones wrote:
drhulsey wrote:If they were all in Washington on a given day and Washington just disappeared from the map, I think we would be better off than we are now :!:
Which is a sick joke on a certain level. It's a sick joke because wild eyed lunatics in turbans want to accomplish exactly that. If you want to understand wild eyed lunatic in turbans... there's yer common ground.

The D.C. metro area has a steaming economy. The McMansions line the ridgelines almost all the way out to Pennsylvania. D.C. is the pulsing heart of the military industrial complex, said complex pumps money into a wide radius around D.C..
butwhatif wrote:There'd be plenty for everyone if it weren't for something the forefathers never figured--the unbridled greed of those who can get it off the back of the country.
Oh, the forefathers knew a thing or two about unbridled greed. They lived their own paradox. "All men are created equal"... yet black men and women were born into slavery for almost 100 years after the American revolution. Many Southern blacks were virtual slaves right through the '60s and beyond, a full century after the Civil War which was supposed to settle that issue. Living a life of luxury funded by wealth generated by slave labor is part of our heritage. Wealth is generated by similar mechanisms today with different beneficiaries.

The First Ammendment gives me the right to shoot off my big mouth. The Second Ammendment gives me the right to shoot off my big gun to get me out of the trouble caused by my big mouth. They tell me there's a dozen or so more Ammendments, I only got as far as the second one... :lol:

The Founding Fathers were armed revolutionaries. We have a term to describe armed revolutionaries these days, they're "insurgents" or "terrorists". Just think back to the American insurrection against the British monarchy, we tend to lose sight of that.

Right or wrong depends on whether you're on the winning side or not. The winners get to write their version of history.

George Washington's descendents trace their lineage back to an especially fetching slave girl... :lol:
ToneMerc wrote:Jefferson also said..... A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.
Jefferson was a slave owner which makes him a hypocrite like nearly everyone else. I have little problem with hypocrites, it's an ancient and "honorable" society... :lol:
CJ, I agree with you.

I don't always agree with the policymakers, but I respect them especially the position of Commander in Chief. I was a stupid joke, lets recall that a group of motivated zealots in two planes had the same mindset on 9-11. Thus, let's not ever forget those Americans who died in PA and at the Pentagon that day. Better yet, never forgot those who killed them and the brave hunters that go into harms way to kill those responsible.

The greatest irony is that the Tree of Liberty which grew this great nation also symbolizes the greatest hypocrisy of a nation. A country which core roots grew out freedom, a natural birthright(in theory) which was denied to so many others. These same roots grew 350 years of domestic terrorism, some which was santioned by it's own governments. The South was bad, in many cases the North wasn't much better either. Look up the NY city conscription riots during the Civil War.

Not many people even know of the 1898 Willimington NC riots. It the only time in the history of this country where a sitting government was actually overthrown, thats right overthrown.

The Founding Fathers were quite a bunch; many no strangers to the various vices of the day. Some were notorious womanizers, adulterers, slickters and even a few sexual deviants. No doubt, a few of the them would fit in quite comfortably with todays local and national politicians.

Anyone that ever doubts the mindset of the FF's concerning gun ownership should read "The Second Ammendment Primer". It's a collection of thoughts and phrases the FF's stated concerning the right to bear arms. It generally leaves no doubt as to what they what they meant when framing the 2nd Ammendment.

You are correct and I will add that the losers of battles never write history for the masses.

To all the whiners that think this country is so now fucked up, there are people in any number of places around the world, even in this country that are literally dying to be in your shoes, wishing they had your problems.

We sit around and chat about general BS, about Revolution, while cloning a $40K guitar amplifier........we don't know how good we have it. You when go to sleep tonight in your warm bed, be thankful Danger Close isn't in your backyard!

I'm climbing down off my berm now :)
TM
Life is deaf, knock loud!
Deric

Post by Deric »

Structo wrote:I don't know if this country can take three more years of this.
Surely we can. 8)
To all the whiners that think this country is so now fucked up, there are people in any number of places around the world, even in this country that are literally dying to be in your shoes, wishing they had your problems.
Bingo!!!

It's a bit like the abortion debate...most things both sides say, are absolutley true...and they're not interested in finding common ground.
I agree! Which begs the question: What is common ground? Politicians go on and on about finding "common ground" or "stepping across party lines" or (one of my favorites) being "bi-partisan". If they were truly interested in being "bi-partisan" there would be no need for parties in the first place.
Deric®
mlp-mx6

Post by mlp-mx6 »

The one thing we will be hard-pressed to survive is if our currency collapses. If The Fed doesn't quit printing money we are in trouble in the relatively near term.

The other thing that is absolutely out of control (with both parties NOT helping) is our national debt. If any of us ran our family finances like the government runs theirs we'd be jailed.

Our country cannot afford our existing "entitlements" for even the rest of MY life. Adding anything more is idiocy on top of lunacy.
Last edited by mlp-mx6 on Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wife: How many amps do you need?
Me: Just one more...