Mesa problem

Fender Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

ampmike

Mesa problem

Post by ampmike »

Before I got into handwired stuff I was a mesa guy.Sold most of them but kept a few.This one is a big tremoverb combo two v 30s in croc tolex.It turns on but weak intermitten sounds on all channels a settings.But after a while it starts working.What do you think,power tubes and rec tubes are good.Should I go through all the preamp tubes or do you guys thing its a cap issue.Filter caps.Some how after a while it works good.I had it over to Daves sound in whippany NJ and if i cant fix it Ill send it to him.Going to get rid of some amps,Mikey
Custom Built Amps for Sale!http://faithamps.weebly.com/
Deric

Re: Mesa problem

Post by Deric »

I would clean all jacks then fire it up and do a voltage check. Re-check once the volume comes up and compare.

Good luck!
Deric®
Stevem

Post by Stevem »

The preamp Cathode bypass caps are likely shot which then means that the whole amp should be recapped and on some Mesa amps that's such a massive pain in the Ass that I refuse to do it any more, I tell the customers to send it back to those who made it to get that job done!
When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming like the passengers in his car!😊

Cutting out a man's tongue does not mean he’s a liar, but it does show that you fear the truth he might speak about you!
ampmike

Post by ampmike »

Thanks guys,after about 15 minutes the amp starts working well.But I would never open a amp like this.Something is leaking and then after a 15 minutes its recharged.It sucks cause I spent a lot of money 20 years or so and it just sits here.Like I said I had it serviced a couple years ago and it not working again.Thank guys,Mikey
Custom Built Amps for Sale!http://faithamps.weebly.com/