2000's Twin reissue power transformer

Fender Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Reeltarded

2000's Twin reissue power transformer

Post by Reeltarded »

Friend brought a Twin to me to take a look at. No light, no heat, no go.

He said it made the frittering noise (bad switch/fuse holder indicated) and once or twice it continued working after just checking the fuse and flipping the switch.

I read about 5 ohms on primary of power transformer. Does anyone have a range of what the secs and heaters should read?

Reads fine through both sides of switch and the fuse holder all the way to the board. (Damn!) I am just trying to be as logical as possible. This isn't a paying gig by any means.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
Reeltarded

Re: 2000's Twin reissue power transformer

Post by Reeltarded »

Just to add that it never cooked a fuse, external or internal.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
Structo

Post by Structo »

Check all the windings of the PT to ground for a short.

What I find in my limited amp fixing career is that the owner rarely tells you the whole story.

Like, oh and by the way, I ran it for half an hour without the speaker connected, and stuff like that.

Is this a newer Twin?

Divide and conquer starting at the power supply.
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

I hear ya. Will do on the ground. This guy isn't a moron.mthis amp is moronic though. Like 2002 twin with the single 15.

Hmm
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Stumped. No light, no worky. No problem found so far. Hard to work at it today. I feel like hell. This work that I am not getting paid for is getting in the way of other work I am also not getting paid for. heh.. it all looks great.. like a 1:1 scale mock Twin. lol effin bar of soap..
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

hahaha black thermistor so big I couldn't find it. I need glasses and a drink.

Bet this is it.