Bass amp idea

Fender Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

andresound

Re: Bass amp idea

Post by andresound »

My bass player uses this. I picked it up from a deceased estate. Fender 72 Bassman 100 in good nick. Plenty loud!!!. Bass player LOVES it!! He used to use a PEAVEY 400 MK4 bass head, but much prefers this.
07C2B523-DA10-4822-B1C6-59FE17788740.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If it sounds good, it is good! Trust your ears
10thTx

Post by 10thTx »

The Ampeg B-15 bass amp is only 25 watts. My understanding is that it is recorded on many many well known recordings.

IF someone was playing at home and not pushing it in a small venue, would the B-15 work if mic'd into the PA?

http://www.bassplayer.com/artists/1171/ ... tion/26378

Bobby Vega plays one and names quite a few well known bass players that use one also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-Z8T1B8-w0&t=4s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0FTIVnLcEc

With respect, 10thtx
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

I have modded two of those Fender Bassman 100 for guitar work. Also, those PA100 into 4 different channels for bass/guitar work.
The locals guys keep bringing these old amps for service which I enjoy doing.

A friend has his original B15N from when he was a young lad and I asked if he would sell, got a fast no response. :D

I have a Kalamazoo 30w bass combo that is very cool and very neatly wired inside.

Mark
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

I just bought a Bassman 100 from around that era and am going to mod it into a dumble :) We'll see how that goes! It has some issues, but I think I'll fix those first, just to practice and then go to the ODS replacement plan.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
sonicmojo

Post by sonicmojo »

I recently serviced one of those old Ampeg B-15s - very cool amp.

Here is my recently acquired Bassman 100. It's the first working Silverface amp I've truly gutted and trashed but if it becomes reincarnated as a working new amp, I think I'll sleep at night. The faceplate was crappy and I'll likely be putting this to use in one of A/Ns Dumble chassis in the coming months and the extra parts will come in handy....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
---------
Bryan
andresound

Post by andresound »

pompeiisneaks wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:04 pm I just bought a Bassman 100 from around that era and am going to mod it into a dumble :) We'll see how that goes! It has some issues, but I think I'll fix those first, just to practice and then go to the ODS replacement plan.

~Phil
I also have a second Bassman 100 that will be the donor iron for my next ODS build 👍
If it sounds good, it is good! Trust your ears