Slowing down BF fender tremolo?

Fender Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Bombacaototal

Re: Slowing down BF fender tremolo?

Post by Bombacaototal »

Adding an audio to make it easier to understand the issue. Probably headphones required as it is rather subtle but it is more evident in person vs the audio

The ticking almost sounds like a ghost note on the background. It is much more noticeable on the higher notes (halfway through the recording) although it can be heard on some of the lower notes too
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bombacaototal

Post by Bombacaototal »

So I replaced the .02uF next to the roach to .01uF (as per Fender fix manual). Same result (ie no improvement)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bombacaototal

Post by Bombacaototal »

I was reading the Fender Vibrato ticking manual (attached above) and they indicate that if thicking is still happening after the .01uF/.02uF fix one should move the leads to speed and intensity controls away from the filter leads.

I realised that my speed lead (brown) is goind exactly underneath the 100K and 10M plates. Might this be the issue? I attach a pic for better illustration

The intensity lead (white) on the top left of the roach looks fine.
Bombacaototal

Post by Bombacaototal »

So I moved the brown cable and made no difference