Tweed Twin or similar?

Fender Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

xtian

Tweed Twin or similar?

Post by xtian »

Guy just asked me for a custom build. Start with Tweed Twin (5E8-A) and add tremolo. Is the 5E8 such a unique beast (have not played one) that I should stay with his idea, or find a similar Fender that suits, one with tremolo already in it, like the Vibrolux?
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
xtian

Re: Tweed Twin or similar?

Post by xtian »

Ah, clarification. Guy wants an EX Twinolux, but doesn't want to pay $2500K.

Anyone seen a schematic?
jelle

Post by jelle »

You can build it for much less in the US? Can I hire you? :lol:
xtian

Post by xtian »

Working chassis only. Buyer wants to build his own cab.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Oh gawd.. I'd want a blondey. lol
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
rp

Post by rp »

Reeltarded wrote:Oh gawd.. I'd want a blondey. lol
Great minds think alike. No laughing matter, either. Now that's what you want to talk him into, and there's your vibrato. Walk into any joint w/ a Blonde twin clone and everyone will drop what they are doing.

Or a Keef Twin with the same C90/MC90s in there - and trem pedal :)

For a project the low power Twin is interesting with the cathodyne PI but meh and who ever made it famous (Clapton?) is a woose. Bunch of farts and geezers everywhere. Remember when amps where never loud enough, now they are always too loud. Even 20 year olds bitch amps are too loud. Sigh.
RWood

Post by RWood »

rp wrote:[Even 20 year olds bitch amps are too loud. Sigh.
I went to a small club to listen to a friend play a 50w plexi that I built for him. During warmup the bass player told him to turn it down because he was drowning the bass and other guitar out. He told the bass player to screw himself and to turn up the bass if he didn't like it. Long story short everyone turned up and when the place filled with people it was loud!!! And good!!! Lots of ears ringing but everyone I talked with said it was amazing. It was like when I started back in '69.
If it don't get hot and glow, I don't want it !
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Sorry more sidetracking... the best tweed twin recordings are le blonde bandmasters being snotty lil bitch'z.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

rp wrote:
For a project the low power Twin is interesting with the cathodyne PI but meh and who ever made it famous (Clapton?) is a woose. Bunch of farts and geezers everywhere. Remember when amps where never loud enough, now they are always too loud. Even 20 year olds bitch amps are too loud. Sigh.
Yes. Yes on all that. I am ok with slightly too loud these days but no more taking out walls. Woof. I am so old..

Make it a blondey and don't tell him. You'll love it. heh
Stevem

Post by Stevem »

Stuffing a blackface tremolo into that would be the way to go but to compensate for the signal suck of the circuit I think I would change out the second ay7 for a ax7.
The 400 volts and the interleaved OT are a pretty big part of this amps tonal make up to keep in mind!
When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming like the passengers in his car!😊

Cutting out a man's tongue does not mean he’s a liar, but it does show that you fear the truth he might speak about you!