PRivera era Super Champ

Fender Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Stevem

K

Post by Stevem »

Stick up on 6c10s while you can, I have!
Once there gone these amps may be done!
When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming like the passengers in his car!😊

Cutting out a man's tongue does not mean he’s a liar, but it does show that you fear the truth he might speak about you!
ampmike

Nie

Post by ampmike »

Thank you Martin,Thats even clearer.It would be a great little well not really little project to build,put in a nice cab with a better speaker and you would have a cool amp.That even has a parts list ,Thanks buddy!!http://faithamps.weebly.com/
Last edited by ampmike on Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ampmike

Super champ

Post by ampmike »

The only thing I noticed is his amp had a pull boost on the treble and one of the volumes and mayby one more.Not sure.The parts list did not show that ,It also had reverb too.Thanks
ampmike

Super Champ

Post by ampmike »

Ok,That amp they are doing layout is champ 11 not the super champ,That explains it.Thanks
Custom Built Amps for Sale!http://faithamps.weebly.com/
martin manning

Re: PRivera era Super Champ

Post by martin manning »

Sorry I read Rivera and went to Champ II. If you want to build a Supefchamp you don't need to use a 6C10. It's just three 12AX7 triodes.
ampmike

Martin

Post by ampmike »

You the Man Martin, :D Thank You buddy
ampmike

superchamp

Post by ampmike »

These pots were in Diaz and fender ,Pull boost ,base cut.Anyone ever seen then from mousser or anywhere.A couple were in the fender super champ.They work good for making the pot foot switchable.Im thinking of a super champ build one day.I would need some help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FUCHSAUDIO

Post by FUCHSAUDIO »

Serviced one of these recently and thought it was a pretty hip amp. A local blues artist owns it. Sounds pretty cool.
Proud holder of US Patent # 7336165.
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

Antique Electronic has a number of pots with push-pull switches, but they are mostly small diameter units. If I were going to build one of these amps I'd opt for a mini toggles mounted next to the controls.

Here is the layout and the schematic for the amp you have. A Princeton Reverb chassis would work nicely for one of these.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rp

Post by rp »

Serviced one of these recently and thought it was a pretty hip amp. A local blues artist owns it. Sounds pretty cool.
A NYC '80s New Wave fave, even live. Robert Quine and that crowd always sung the praises of the original SC. I stopped caring much about vintage gear but wish I'd kept my little 'last great american amp."
Last edited by rp on Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dorrisant

Re: superchamp

Post by dorrisant »

ampmike wrote:These pots were in Diaz and fender ,Pull boost ,base cut.Anyone ever seen then from mousser or anywhere.A couple were in the fender super champ.They work good for making the pot foot switchable.Im thinking of a super champ build one day.I would need some help.
Look at AES/CED... Find the pots and click on "switched" in the column on the bottom right. There are several CTS pots that will do the trick.
"Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned" - Enzo
Bendyha

Post by Bendyha »

I've written up quite a few ideas about this amp over on TDPRI, annalizing the circuit and how it works, the switching, various mods to the original, but most importantly, how to get around the problem of the foot-switch sucking volume from the clean channel when it is connected.
Have a look [url] http://www.tdpri.com/threads/super-cham ... ng.473956/ it may be some interest.
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

I think I found a replacement pot like that from Weber.
ampmike

Thanks

Post by ampmike »