Fender 6G15 Reverb Conversion

Fender Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Charlie Wilson

Fender 6G15 Reverb Conversion

Post by Charlie Wilson »

Hello, recently I did a couple of Fender Reissue amplifier conversions for the same customer and he wanted his Reissue Reverb done also. I think it came out great. I used Mercury transformers, mostly NOS capacitors, and NOS Allen Bradley resistors. This time I used Weber fiberboard and I think it is a better choice than Mojo. Looks more like the original stuff and way less voltages floating around. I also rebuilt my original 65 unit that has been reworked many times in the last 20 years and it sounds great.
CW
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
martin manning

Re: Fender 6G15 Reverb Conversion

Post by martin manning »

Thanks Charlie, good to know about the Weber "fish paper."
Mark

Post by Mark »

Charlie love your reverb units.

It's one of those projects I've been curious about but my need for reverb hasn't been great enough to motivate me to build one.

The spring lock and mounting the reverb tank has bothered me. There is the Wave reverb which is an unattractive unit but sounds okay.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fBmE5VxblzQ
Yours Sincerely

Mark Abbott
Charlie Wilson

Post by Charlie Wilson »

Yeah Mark I went to a guitar show and the CE Distribution guys were doing a demo of that unit. I consider myself a bit of a reverb snob and I thought it sounded pretty cool.
CW
Mr. dB

Post by Mr. dB »

Charlie Wilson wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 6:10 am Yeah Mark I went to a guitar show and the CE Distribution guys were doing a demo of that unit. I consider myself a bit of a reverb snob and I thought it sounded pretty cool.
CW
I'll give them credit, they even showed up for the tiny guitar show in my area last month.