Parts bin Princeton Reverb

Fender Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

mhartman

Parts bin Princeton Reverb

Post by mhartman »

I was staring into my parts bin a while back and realized that I had enough original parts in there to build a new, old Princeton Reverb (parts, including transformers, from several different years from about '65 - '75). I was just missing the chassis and cab, so I sourced a nujwoot chassis set and a nice monotone cab with a rogers front panel. It is a different build for me because I'm used to building my own designs, which I've usually built several times over in my head and on the computer.

Here's my progress so far:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
M Fowler

Re: Parts bin Princeton Reverb

Post by M Fowler »

Great work as usual.
Bob S

Post by Bob S »

Nice - some good stuff in there.
Bet she will sound like a vintage classic.
Why Aye Man
Charlie Wilson

Post by Charlie Wilson »

Nice looking old school build. I am curious, what is a Nujwoot chassis? I could not find any info on that make of chassis and what is your Fender style fiberboard of choice? I called Rodgers amplifiers recently for a cabinet and was told that Larry Rodgers had passed away. The few times I spoke to him he seemed like a very cool guy.
CW
ToneMerc

Post by ToneMerc »

Charlie Wilson wrote:Nice looking old school build. I am curious, what is a Nujwoot chassis? I could not find any info on that make of chassis and what is your Fender style fiberboard of choice? I called Rodgers amplifiers recently for a cabinet and was told that Larry Rodgers had passed away. The few times I spoke to him he seemed like a very cool guy.
CW
Noojwut used to sell on eBay quite a bit, his repro chassis and faceplates were top notch.

TM
mhartman

Post by mhartman »

Thanks guys. I got it all finished up this afternoon. Sounds great. The tremolo was weak, so I subbed a 470k for the 1M on pin1 of V4. Also, I used a modern 3 spring short tank instead of a vintage 2 spring tank, which tames and fattens the reverb a bit. I had forgotten how much fun these Princeton Reverbs are. I went with a Reverend Alltone 12" speaker, which matches up well on a Fender.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
xtian

Post by xtian »

Looks like a winner! Yes, 12" speaker. Screw those 10"ers.
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
Ron Worley

Post by Ron Worley »

ToneMerc wrote:
Charlie Wilson wrote:Nice looking old school build. I am curious, what is a Nujwoot chassis? I could not find any info on that make of chassis and what is your Fender style fiberboard of choice? I called Rodgers amplifiers recently for a cabinet and was told that Larry Rodgers had passed away. The few times I spoke to him he seemed like a very cool guy.
CW
Noojwut used to sell on eBay quite a bit, his repro chassis and faceplates were top notch.

TM
He's still around I believe: noojwut@yahoo.com
Ron
ToneMerc

Post by ToneMerc »

mhartman wrote:Thanks guys. I got it all finished up this afternoon. Sounds great. The tremolo was weak, so I subbed a 470k for the 1M on pin1 of V4. Also, I used a modern 3 spring short tank instead of a vintage 2 spring tank, which tames and fattens the reverb a bit. I had forgotten how much fun these Princeton Reverbs are. I went with a Reverend Alltone 12" speaker, which matches up well on a Fender.
That's one nice build there!

TM