Fender PA 100 questions

Fender Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

FuzzFaceBuilder

Fender PA 100 questions

Post by FuzzFaceBuilder »

Just scored a ʻ75 Fender PA 100 for free. A friend was getting rid of stuff in his studio and gave it to me saying that it doesn't work. A few leaking power supply e-lytics replaced and she's up and running. Now what to do with it...

The cool points are that I now have a boat load of 2-35 taper pots and a full Twin Reverb transformer set that is just shy of 45 years old. ODS anyone?! LOL.

The knobs on the EQ of the channels read +5/-5 and "0" at the mid point. Looking at the pots from the inside theyʻre all 2-35 taper Fender pots with no center detent. Is the +5/-5 a function of the EQ network or are these some kind of weird taper that zeroes out at mid point?

Any thoughts?
martin manning

Re: Fender PA 100 questions

Post by martin manning »

Great score! J taper pots, otherwise like any other. The +/- 5 is just how the panel is marked.
FuzzFaceBuilder

Post by FuzzFaceBuilder »

That sounds like great news to me! Thanks for the heads up Martin! 👍🏼
dpin

Post by dpin »

I'm still using mine for vocals at rehearsal but every once in a while I give it a certain look when I walk by.
That amp is begging for 4 separate simple preamps to feed into a common PI.
I picture the signal paths all being in phase so you could use one of these amp selector pedals and combine channels as desired.
Want something unique?...there it is
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MeanMrMustard

Post by MeanMrMustard »

I modded one of these for a bass player friend so he could plug into the stage just before the PI. Seems like a great value in a big ass output section for not a lot of money. Perfect platform to mod in a funny looking amp.