Tweed Princeton 5F2A cabinet drawing

Fender Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Colossal

Tweed Princeton 5F2A cabinet drawing

Post by Colossal »

Does anyone have a vintage correct Tweed Princeton 5F2A cabinet drawing? I am trying to determine if a 10" Celestion Gold can fit into one (with a different baffle, of course).

Thanks in advance for any help.
Stevem

Re: Tweed Princeton 5F2A cabinet drawing

Post by Stevem »

I do not, but I have installed a 10" in my vibrochamp so I am sure you could pack one into that!

The late 55 to 60 Princtons where a good bit bigger and should present no issue in getting a 10" in there, on the other ones you may have to do what I did to this Jensen driver to get it to clear the filter can (which in your case may be a power tube) that being cutting out a speaker frame web.
So the type of 10" you use may need to be a concideration!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming like the passengers in his car!😊

Cutting out a man's tongue does not mean he’s a liar, but it does show that you fear the truth he might speak about you!
Colossal

Post by Colossal »

Stevem wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:30 am I do not, but I have installed a 10" in my vibrochamp so I am sure you could pack one into that!

The late 55 to 60 Princtons where a good bit bigger and should present no issue in getting a 10" in there, on the other ones you may have to do what I did to this Jensen driver to get it to clear the filter can (which in your case may be a power tube) that being cutting out a speaker frame web.
So the type of 10" you use may need to be a concideration!
Thanks Steve! I did a little photogrammetry on the 10" Gold to determine how far the magnet bell sits back, but still need to map this onto the cab dimensions. I think I have found a reasonable approximation of the cab.
tubeswell

Post by tubeswell »

FAFG gives two sets of overall dimensions for the narrow panel tweed princeton cab

http://www.thevintagesound.com/ffg/prin ... arrow.html

The 5F1 cab gives and indication of timber thicknesses and cab angles, and I'd say the best thing to do is scale it to the maximum cab dimensions and eyeball the other bits.

http://music-electronics-forum.com/atta ... b-5f1-.pdf

Scott Cole did a great set of drawings for a 5E3 cab dimension over at MEF a few years back. (See attachments)

So a 5F2 is somewhere in between

Heres a link to 5F2A chassis dimensions

http://www.tdpri.com/threads/5f2-prince ... gs.312778/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
He who dies with the most tubes... wins
Colossal

Post by Colossal »

tubeswell wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:27 am FAFG gives two sets of overall dimensions for the narrow panel tweed princeton cab
http://www.thevintagesound.com/ffg/prin ... arrow.html

The 5F1 cab gives and indication of timber thicknesses and cab angles, and I'd say the best thing to do is scale it to the maximum cab dimensions and eyeball the other bits.
Scott Cole did a great set of drawings for a 5E3 cab dimension over at MEF a few years back. (See attachments)
So a 5F2 is somewhere in between.
Thanks for putting that together! That is very helpful. I do have the 5E3 and Duelltone 5F1 drawings so will use the stated angles and Ampwares' information on the Tweed 5F2A to extrapolate.

EDIT: Looks like a 10" speaker should fit, no problem 8)