Fender 75

Fender Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

ubxf

Fender 75

Post by ubxf »

Hello,
I just got a fully populated fender eyelet board. After looking at schematics and pictures it looks like it is a spare from a Fender 75. While it is enough info to follow the schematic it would be great to have access to a layout/wiring diagram.
Do you guys know if there is a service manual or layout that exists, so far i could only find the schematic.
I got a twin reverb chassis and i'd love to reconnect that board.
Any suggestions, tips are welcome
Thanks
francois
pdf64

Re: Fender 75

Post by pdf64 »

Be warned the 75 is a real rats nest wiring arrangement. It would be a big job to put a modded one back to stock, never mind to completely build a new one.
There's another eyelet board for the FWB rectifier diodes/caps, and 2 x 2" tagstrips for the HT resistors and -ve supply etc.
Sorry I don't have any internal pics.
I suggest to consider simplifying it a bit, drop the 1/4 power option, use a lower HT etc.
The extra control holes of the unused TR channel may come in handy for getting both modes to sound good when switching between them.
Stevem

Post by Stevem »

Here's a friendly warning to save you some gref and money.

If by the schematic you do not feel competent enough to do this swap without the wiring layout in hand , then you should not be doing it at all!!
Increase your skills on something smaller first!

Monotone sells kits that contains everything but the chassis and tranny and tubes to put that twin back to stock for like 200 bucks , and it has good wiring diagrams too boot!
I would go this route first and then step by step learn how to mod it into something more to your liking!
When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming like the passengers in his car!😊

Cutting out a man's tongue does not mean he’s a liar, but it does show that you fear the truth he might speak about you!
ubxf

Post by ubxf »

Thank you guys, yes i can read the schematic and just use that. I just wanted to cut corners and go faster : ) just to see what that thing sounds like.
I guess my excitement of finding that unused board got deflated when i realized it was a 75
I'll probably just harvest the salvageable parts and move on.