Bassman Board ID

Fender Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

dezmoduo

Bassman Board ID

Post by dezmoduo »

Happy 2018 TAG,
Probably 2, maybe 3 years ago I scored an incomplete "project" from Reverb or Ebay, It came wrapped in a decent Bassman head, with an original Bassman chassis, black nameplates (might be original), all new pots, and what looks like a prewired board installed. Xformers included.
Everything but the board was used as a donor to build a Bassman hybrid from Circuitrix. (Turned out great, lots of spaghetti, one of my gigging amps)
I think I almost ID'd this board way back then, with a Google Image Search, but I didn't save that result. On a whim & and prayer, if anyone can narrow my search parameter it would warm up my February. The bottom most turrets haven't been used yet, or by design, so that throws me off track a bit.
I retired this fall and there's projects a-poppin'
Best wishes and thanks to all,
Gary Lee
dezmoduo

Re: Bassman Board ID

Post by dezmoduo »

I'm going to go with an AA-165.
Stevem

Post by Stevem »

It's not the 165 as that circuit used a different bias set up where the 220k resistors in the PI section get fed separate bias voltage.
When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming like the passengers in his car!😊

Cutting out a man's tongue does not mean he’s a liar, but it does show that you fear the truth he might speak about you!
mauiboy81

Post by mauiboy81 »

AA864

The two unused turrets on the bottom of your pics would be for the bass channel deep switch which adds a .1 to ground in parallel with the mid cap. Scoops out more lower midrange when engaged.