OT wire routing considerations

Fender Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

pjd3

OT wire routing considerations

Post by pjd3 »

Hi, thanks, I hope I can explain this in a clear manner. Wish me luck!

Finally begin mounting eyelet, bias board, OT and choke, all revved up to begin wiring and grounding.

Then, begin getting worried about how to route the OT primary and secondary. I had postioned the OT and choke via headphone trick and did manage to find quiet locations for them. However, it puts the OT at a 45 deg angle and about 2/3rds of the way up the Princeton Reverb chassis ( I guess a little further than standard layout).

This will cause the wires to and from the OT to not be as convieniently located as usual, and may have to route the wires a bit further than normal.
Naturally, my biggest concern is making sure that the OT wires don't go to any place that will cause any buzz or crossfeed into earlier stages, or pickup hum from power stages. Being my first build (Rob Robinettes 6L6 Blackvibe on a Princeton reverb chassis) I can't be sure what will be an issue and what won't so, just being careful here and letting myself be educated as I move through the process of building this. Its going into a head cabinet.

If I could get some guildlines on what the OT input and output wires like to stay away from that would be great. I can make grommeted holes anywhere I want and there is lots of room to route OT and choke wires either on the inside or bottom of the chassis. I entertained the possibility that OT wires running along the bottom of a grounded chassis may make for some isolation from the inner power stuff and eyelet board components and wiring.

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments and input are golden to me. I have 2 weeks until outdoor concert season - 30 concerts and want to be in good form1
Phil Dl
I’m only one person (most of the time)