Parallel/cascaded inputs on a tweed Deluxe

Fender Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

ChopSauce

Re: Parallel/cascaded inputs on a tweed Deluxe

Post by ChopSauce »

Yes: you did it!
(though at the cost of several relays/switches)

Having a single jack appears as the good idea.

EDIT: seen https://chasingtone.com/my-parallel-cas ... mp-switch/

whose network (switch bottom) could be converted to the "usual" 1M/680k.
fred.violleau

Post by fred.violleau »

Cool ! Glad I could help!
Yes two relays, but that is part of the plan on my build : to have to ability to switches channels on the fly and the icing on the cake : to "boost" the signal with the cascading option ;)

Fred.
norburybrook

Post by norburybrook »

fred.violleau wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:53 pm Cool ! Glad I could help!
Yes two relays, but that is part of the plan on my build : to have to ability to switches channels on the fly and the icing on the cake : to "boost" the signal with the cascading option ;)

Fred.
Fred,

I'm following this :) I might re make my amp if this works out OK :) are you going to voice the bypass caps differently from stock? I thought a simple bass and treble control would be a good addition for this amp if you use it as a head. As a small combo the extra bass is nice, as a head into regular speakers the bottom is too much at times but it's sometimes nice to have so a tone stack might be a good addition.

M

p.s. Tube town do a 2 relay PCB :) would be perfect.
fred.violleau

Post by fred.violleau »

@Marcus, yes, I revoiced the NORMAL channel with the following :

- 22k input resistor
- 2k2 resistor and 5uf 25v bypass cap
- 220k plate resistor
- .005uf coupling cap (filters out some bass frequencies, making it humbucker friendly and keep things under control when cascaded)

I am also putting the NFB switch on relay, as well as the cathode bypass.
So the amp will be super gig friendly, having many options on the clean side (NORMAL or BRIGHT) coupled with the ability to sweeten or push these with the NFB (ON/OFF) and cathode bypass (IN/OUT). I am using it as a head build, so I can use different speakers. 2x12 WGS ET90 is very different then the 1x12 50W Celestion ;)

Fred.
fred.violleau

Post by fred.violleau »

norburybrook wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:31 pm p.s. Tube town do a 2 relay PCB :) would be perfect.
I bought mine on Hoffman's forum, dirt cheap and super handy, and if you order a lot, they are all attached and ready to be cut by hand.
When I want to use multiple boards in a single board, i fill the pre-cut with a dentist glue (with blue light) that strenghten everything.
PXL_20210209_213802166.jpg
Fred.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
norburybrook

Post by norburybrook »

fred.violleau wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:38 pm @Marcus, yes, I revoiced the NORMAL channel with the following :

- 22k input resistor
- 2k2 resistor and 5uf 25v bypass cap
- 220k plate resistor
- .005uf coupling cap (filters out some bass frequencies, making it humbucker friendly and keep things under control when cascaded)

I am also putting the NFB switch on relay, as well as the cathode bypass.
So the amp will be super gig friendly, having many options on the clean side (NORMAL or BRIGHT) coupled with the ability to sweeten or push these with the NFB (ON/OFF) and cathode bypass (IN/OUT). I am using it as a head build, so I can use different speakers. 2x12 WGS ET90 is very different then the 1x12 50W Celestion ;)

Fred.
excellent. I had the same though about the NFB being a useful switchable control. I'm looking forward to your build I will probably copy it when you're done :)

M
stephenl

Post by stephenl »

I'm interested to see how this turns out. I have a project/franken-amp that's begging to be turned into something useful.
Steve