Dual Pro Reverb - Mods?

Fender Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Bombacaototal

Dual Pro Reverb - Mods?

Post by Bombacaototal »

I finished cloning the reverb part of the Dual Pro some time back (schematic attached) into a different amp.

Decided to sit with it for a while before going crazy modding it. I don't like it. Well, the reverb sound per se is very nice, but I don't like what it is doing to the dry path and how it is making my amp feel.

For example, if I plug the guitar straight on the SEND (schematic attached) which would be bypassing the reverb all together, the amp sounds very bouncy, the bandwith of sound is fairly wide, the sound is big and uncompressed, and you can really feel the amp. When using the normal input and therefore going through the reverb, the amps sounds more compressed, anemic and restricted, really tames the feeling of the amp, even with the MIX knob at Zero (ie only using the dry path).

I have been revisiting other amps with similar reverb style (Vibro King, Re Vibe) and all of them use a triode on the try path. I am wondering what other options I may have to improve the Dry Path signal, and make it more similar to what I hear when I bypass the reverb all together.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.