Fender Blackface Boards

Fender Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

frusciante89

Fender Blackface Boards

Post by frusciante89 »

Happy New Year everyone 🙂
since London is in complete lockdown, I dedicated my last two weekends to create a board for Fender amps, that'll work for most of the tasty blackface models:
  • Deluxe
  • Deluxe Reverb
  • Vibrolux
  • Tremolux
  • Band-Master
  • Concert
  • Vibroverb
  • Super Reverb
  • Showman
  • Bassman
  • Dual Showman
  • Twin Reverb
Since my gf prohibited me from stocking more stuff in our apartment, I'll order this batch on a request basis: if you're interested in one (or two 🙂 ), shoot me a PM and I'll sign you up.
They'll have the same quality of my Dumble and Fried man boards (military grade IPC Class #3, 3mm thick, 2 Oz/Cu copper density).
Attached one of the layouts I've already prepared. As you can see, there's no more need to have a separate board for the dog-house 😉

xtian

Re: Fender Blackface Boards

Post by xtian »

That's awesome! I would order a couple...IF the boards supported radial electrolytics... The best flexibility would be if there were additional solder pads for the radials, in a way that allows the radials to lay down like the axials. That way, the solder pads would be visible from the top of the board, making cap replacement easy without removing the PCB.
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
ngw

Re: Fender Blackface Boards

Post by ngw »

Mesa-Boogie Mark 2C+ Board?

Maybe you could use this board as a basis for the Boogie PCB that I asked you about, being that the Boogie is based on a Fender and has a similar number of valves to a Super Reverb, minus the Vibrato stage.
I am intending using (if I can't get suitable PCB) a Fender type eyelet board to make the replacement for the damaged Mesa 50 Caliber amp that I have to rebuild; with a Mark 2C+ circuit.

Maybe some interest, in Boogie boards, could be generated here on AG and it may become worthwhile for you to design and produce the Boogie board.

Cheers, Noel.