Removing Reverb Pot on AB763 Deluxe Reverb

Fender Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

thisismyname

Removing Reverb Pot on AB763 Deluxe Reverb

Post by thisismyname »

I'm looking to add a cut control to my DR clone. I want to put the pot where the reverb pot goes and just tape the two wires that went to the reverb pot, since I don't and won't ever use the reverb. Being a relative noob with amps, I don't know the exact effect this would have on the overall function of the amp. I'm unsure how the B+ plate load on the reverb recovery would be affected. The .003 coupling cap should prevent DC from passing, but considering there is no ground connection after that cap, I'm unsure of what effect it would have.

Would this cause an adverse effect in the amp?
If so, how could I mitigate this?

Thanks!
sluckey

Re: Removing Reverb Pot on AB763 Deluxe Reverb

Post by sluckey »

You can remove or tape the wire from the .03 cap. But the wire you remove from the wiper of the pot should connect to ground.
thisismyname

Post by thisismyname »

Thanks!
Stevem

Post by Stevem »

Since it sounds like you are not going to need Reverb I want you to know that if you put that pot in the rear of the amp like in the near always unused extension speaker jack hole you can turn that reverb circuit into a adjustable gain boost whose function can be turned on and off with the reverb foot switch.

The only parts you need to make this happen are two bare RCA plugs and a 470K 1/2 watt resistor.
When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming like the passengers in his car!😊

Cutting out a man's tongue does not mean he’s a liar, but it does show that you fear the truth he might speak about you!