1974 100 watt Twin Reverb wiring diagrams - wanted

Fender Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

nigrow

1974 100 watt Twin Reverb wiring diagrams - wanted

Post by nigrow »

Hi all,
I am looking for the schematic's and wiring layout for a 1973/74 100 watt twin reverb.
I have searched and the only ones I can find have a push pull master volume and my amp does not have this.
Unfortunately the serial no. on my amp is not able to be read so if nobody can help with the diagrams then if anyone has a similar amp then maybe you can send me your serial no. so I can search for it that way.

Regards,
Nigel
sluckey

Re: 1974 100 watt Twin Reverb wiring diagrams - wanted

Post by sluckey »

nigrow

Post by nigrow »

Thanks sluckey that could be the one, any chance you know where I can find the layout?

Cheers,
Nigel
Stevem

Post by Stevem »

If you go to the Fender amp field guide site they have both schematics and lay outs for most of the silver face amps.

The wattage rating on this model amp is a joke!
The so called Pre 1976 100 watt non master volume amp still uses the same power transformer as the 85 watt model!

Even fully recaped, with new great testing output tubes and 118 to 121 VAC coming in to the amp, I have never seen a pure 100 watts RMS out of these amps!

Along these same lines in terms of the later master volume UL amps I have never got 70 watts out of the two 6L6 model, or 135 out of the four output tube model either!
When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming like the passengers in his car!😊

Cutting out a man's tongue does not mean he’s a liar, but it does show that you fear the truth he might speak about you!
sluckey

Post by sluckey »

I've never seen a layout drawing for that amp.
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

Stevem wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:19 am If you go to the Fender amp field guide site they have both schematics and lay outs for most of the silver face amps.
Doesn't seem to be a 100W non-PP MV version there.

Maybe this helps? https://el34world.com/Forum/index.php?topic=24613.0
Stevem

Post by Stevem »

I would like to ask the OP for the numbers stamped on/ in the bell of this power and output transformers?

I would also like to ask why he wants a wiring layout, since the way these CBS amps got wired up left a lot of room for improvement!

Other then the wiring for the master volume and the reverb provided boost, the AA270 schematic and layout should get you 90% covered.

Date wise the master volumes showed up in 72 and the UL output stage in 75 amps.
When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming like the passengers in his car!😊

Cutting out a man's tongue does not mean he’s a liar, but it does show that you fear the truth he might speak about you!
Ten Over

Post by Ten Over »

nigrow wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:26 am Hi all,
I am looking for the schematic's and wiring layout for a 1973/74 100 watt twin reverb.
I have searched and the only ones I can find have a push pull master volume and my amp does not have this.
Unfortunately the serial no. on my amp is not able to be read so if nobody can help with the diagrams then if anyone has a similar amp then maybe you can send me your serial no. so I can search for it that way.
I have an early '73 without the switch on the Master Volume, S/N A51144. Later on in '73 they started putting those MV switches on the Twins, so it is doubtful that yours is a '74. Despite claims to the contrary, the 135W UL Twins didn't appear until part way through 1977.

Here is a de-tangled schematic for a '73 non-MV Twin Reverb:
Twin Reverb 73 No Sw.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.