Fender Bassbreaker 45

Fender Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

lovetone

Fender Bassbreaker 45

Post by lovetone »

I'm looking fir the schematic for the Fender Bassbreaker 45 anyone have a copy they can share?

I have contacted Fender but in the UK they don't give out schematics for current production.
Stevem

Re: Fender Bassbreaker 45

Post by Stevem »

Do you need such for repair?

Where I work we are a Fender dealer so I can try and get one for you on Monday/ tomorrow.
When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming like the passengers in his car!😊

Cutting out a man's tongue does not mean he’s a liar, but it does show that you fear the truth he might speak about you!
xtian

Post by xtian »

Stevem wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:00 pm Do you need such for repair?

Where I work we are a Fender dealer so I can try and get one for you on Monday/ tomorrow.
I would love to see that, Steve.
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
lovetone

Post by lovetone »

Stevem wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:00 pm Do you need such for repair?

Yes the amp has has mods carried out and the new owner would like it returned to stock.
Stevem

Post by Stevem »

I have requested one from Fender and I hope to see it this week in my work email in box.

Keep your fingers crossed!
When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming like the passengers in his car!😊

Cutting out a man's tongue does not mean he’s a liar, but it does show that you fear the truth he might speak about you!
lovetone

Post by lovetone »

Great Thanks
Jazz P Bass

Post by Jazz P Bass »

Here is the SM.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rooster

Post by rooster »

Thanks for the share, Steve. There seem to be so many safeguard caps added to the circuit. How does this amp sound?
Most people stall out when fixing a mistake that they've made. Why?
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

I'd heard it is very similar to the original bassman and/or the original marshall bluesbreaker, somewhat hybridized thus the 'bass breaker' it has the typical marshall .68uF cathode cap in the input stages, and then volumes for each channel into the 270k mixer resistors into a cathode follower to the tone stack. Not like they strayed far from the well known fender territory other than those cathode caps being more marshally...

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
rooster

Post by rooster »

Hi, Phil. Yes, but then there's all those extraneous .01 caps attached to ground points. These caught my attention because I have recording gear (a preamp/comp) that was a bit noisy and I read an article in Recording (magazine) that was written by a tech in NYC. He was known for his ability to stifle RF and line noise in live performance gear and recording gear. Besides the shielding ideas, he was obsessed with adding .01 caps to the AC line - all three points - of the modern AC IEC connection. So, the two poles and the ground would each receive a .01 (ceramic because of their small size) from the IEC connector to chassis ground. I did this to the unit, and did it help? It seemed like it did but there was no scientific testing that was done.

One use of the .01 cap that interests me in particular is the Presence control. Here you have an earth connection and then you still add this cap to apparently another ground point. I've not seen this in a guitar amp before. Perhaps this is because of a PC board build, but? Also, speaking of this Presence control, it shows it's ground point attached to the ground point of the Middle control. Typically, most builders are directed to find a separate ground point for the Presence control.

Well, it's always interesting to see what the 'new' amp designers are up to. Also, interesting to see that there is not a solitary person credited with the amp design? Jo-Bob from places unknown?
Most people stall out when fixing a mistake that they've made. Why?
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

The schematic I see here says:

DRAWN: M.WILKENS ENGR: M.WILKENS

I too noted those and thought it was odd. maybe they have a fully floating ground everywhere and ONLY tie it to earth via those .1 caps? Definitely different. They did the same on the CF as well.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!