6V6 tweed twin build

Fender Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

JGK

6V6 tweed twin build

Post by JGK »

Thanks the folks that gave me some pointers for this.

Got this far with the build and fired it up yesterday no smoke and everything worked. Built it with the dual bias controls to use matched pairs, so far seems to be working well put 2 matched sets of some older 6v6s I had on hand. Biased then around 27 ma running well around 375 on the plates and no problems. Added a TW type 1 Master as I didn't want to mess with the bias using the type 2 (lamar) which I like. Initially tried a type 3 didn't like it seemed to put allot of noise on the presence control. I think Allen amps use something similar to the type 1 in some of there amps at least in my old Accomplice. Did a single input for both channels, a Marshall mod on the 1st channel and a vintage on the bright push pull pot for a bright switch. Did a cascading gain switch on it but its got allot of gain and gets pretty nasty at high volumes 12Ay7 is not too bad its gets pretty nasty with a 12AX7, will probably remove just wanted to see if I could make it work.....I'm a blues guy anyway. Without the cascade its impressively quiet. I'll sit down and do some fine tuning on it and get the cab going next week.

JK
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ViperDoc

Re: 6V6 tweed twin build

Post by ViperDoc »

Looks really good, JGK! I'll be fully lighting up a 4 x 5881 HP Tweed Twin chassis if I ever return from spring break, I would love to hear some sound clips of your cascade and modded channels. Schematic?
Just plug it in, man.
Reeltarded

Re: 6V6 tweed twin build

Post by Reeltarded »

Awsome! You might love the cascade if you attenuate it to only be the tiny push you actually wish for. I know what you mean, even with thousands of examples to work from it took me ten years to find any perfection on that topic. Looks great!
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.